R.E.M. Reveal

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Nick Satullo

I'm listening to this for the first time, as I type. On the first cut, it sounded almost a little shrill , a little thin, and I thought . . . of all the . . . then I realized it was probably the desired effect . . . then I kept listening . . .

Too early to comment with any real sense of direction, but I sense something very nice going on here. It might be one of those situations where really good music infects your perception of the surround mix . . . but that's okay, too.

I'll be back with more. On the strength of what I've heard, however, this could be something special (and I'm only on the 5th cut).

Nick

I also feel that Reveal is a wonderful DVDA. The sound on this disc blows away the cd version.

Once you watch the 30 min. documentary on the disc, you begin to appreciate the work that was done by the band on this album.

There are some beautiful and haunting songs on Reveal. The DVDA really brings them out.

Back