RCA Italiana Quads: a definitve (?) answer.

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I bought a sealed copy of the vinyl and it's a completely different mix with different edits. Not SQ.

But if you do listen to one of the songs from that CD from Grooveshark (I own a fair condition CD) you will hear "familiar" OOP effects. I tried with my old SQ script to decode it and guess what? It's SQ for sure! It was pressed from CBS Sugar in 1975, I guess we have other unlisted SQ quad pressing from CBS Sugar on CD.

Would you be willing to supply a rip of the CD for the blog?

OD

Too bad I found Yuppidu on CD a few days back, and when I read your messages here about this CD being quad I returned to the second hand shop today only to find out they had the title on the original Clan label. No mention of Grooveshark on the cover. So I think this one's probably stereo only.

BTW: @Oxfortdickie: If you are still in search of quad titles on CD, do you have a wantlist of titles you are still in search?
And the other way around, Which titles do you already have, no matter if already decoded on your blog?

I will be willing to hunt down titles and send them over to you as a rip, with scanned covers. On my visit today I got:

-Tangerine Dream "Alpha Centauri" (Sanctuary Records CMRCD566) Mentions "Quadro-Stereo-Mono-S2 Cosmic Music".
-Wallenstein "Stories, Songs & Symphonies" (ZYX OHR70033-2), also mentions "Quadrophonic recorded at Dierks Studios Cologne".

The original Wallenstein was an SQ record on Kosmische Kuriere. Tangerine Dream I don't know since the original Ohr releases didn't mentioned any matrix system, nor do the reruns on Brain Records. But since both albums were recorded at the same studio they both should be SQ.

Maybe I have additional titles in my collection.

-Kristian

Too bad I found Yuppidu on CD a few days back, and when I read your messages here about this CD being quad I returned to the second hand shop today only to find out they had the title on the original Clan label. No mention of Grooveshark on the cover. So I think this one's probably stereo only.

BTW: @Oxfortdickie: If you are still in search of quad titles on CD, do you have a wantlist of titles you are still in search?
And the other way around, Which titles do you already have, no matter if already decoded on your blog?

I will be willing to hunt down titles and send them over to you as a rip, with scanned covers. On my visit today I got:

-Tangerine Dream "Alpha Centauri" (Sanctuary Records CMRCD566) Mentions "Quadro-Stereo-Mono-S2 Cosmic Music".
-Wallenstein "Stories, Songs & Symphonies" (ZYX OHR70033-2), also mentions "Quadrophonic recorded at Dierks Studios Cologne".

The original Wallenstein was an SQ record on Kosmische Kuriere. Tangerine Dream I don't know since the original Ohr releases didn't mentioned any matrix system, nor do the reruns on Brain Records. But since both albums were recorded at the same studio they both should be SQ.

Maybe I have additional titles in my collection.

-Kristian

Hi

As to "YuppiDu", i'm wondering about if it is actually SQ encoded, more another time

As to a wants list, well i gave up on that long ago and as to what i have, i couldn't even start. Many are rips i've tracked down and are on a collection of HDD's, along with my colection of CD's and growing number of LP's. Sorry i can't be more helpful there.

As to the two albums you mention, they were both placed on the pile of titles that either have major issues or need more investigation. It's the same pile that Neil Diamonds "Serenade" & Kevin Coynes "In Living Black & White" recently escaped from. I do look at the pile every now and then, especially when i improve the process.

By all means do contact me if you have some albums that you have and are willng to share, by no means do i have everything, and am always on the look out for the unusual

OD

maybe we misunderstood. Grooveshark is an online service to listen to music.
The cd is on Clan label, and AFAIK is the only press released, apart from the latest remastered DVD+CD which I don't have.

Please, all, if you are referring to CD or vinyl releases, at least include label and order numbers in your replies. Otherwise there will be too much confusion as to which pressing on what label is referenced.

So the quad release is on Clan? What number should I look for?

-Kristian

AFAIK there is only ONE cd release for "Yuppi du": it wasn't released in the 90s when the Celentano catalogue was printed on CD and appeared two years ago when they did the DVD of the movie - the soundtrack CD was packaged togheter.
Vinyl was NOT sq.

Sure?
Celentano catalogue was handled first by CGD and they released some album between 1983 and 1989; then the Clan label switched to RTI in the nineties and everything was redone with RTI logos on the back. Currently it is in SonyBMG hands. Never seen a RTI-distr. CD for Yuppi-du, should be very rare, or has been deleted quickly.

Back