Recognize this Q8 deck?

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

aquadad

400 Club - QQ All-Star
Hello,
I am trying to figure out the model # of this GE deck, do any of you recognize it? Thanks

Attachments

• GE%20QUADRAPHONIC%208-TRACK%20PLAYER-RECORDER%201.jpg
    GE%20QUADRAPHONIC%208-TRACK%20PLAYER-RECORDER%201.jpg
    15.1 KB · Views: 139
  • GE%20QUADRAPHONIC%208-TRACK%20PLAYER-RECORDER%204.jpg
    GE%20QUADRAPHONIC%208-TRACK%20PLAYER-RECORDER%204.jpg
    15.1 KB · Views: 131
Are you saying the model number isn't on the back of it under where General Electric is printed? I can almost read it from the picture.

The Quadfather

The Quadfather said:
Are you saying the model number isn't on the back of it under where General Electric is printed? I can almost read it from the picture.

The Quadfather
Hello,

Thanks for your interest.

This isn't a deck that I have in hand, but if I could locate one I would like to pick it up. Over the years I have hung onto an old GE receiver that I still get some use out of and this would be a perfect match for it.

Here is a link to the picture that I found online: http://members.cox.net/surround/quaddisc/quadq8hd.htm

Your best bet is to look in flea markets and junk shops. Also, you might see one pop up on Ebay. If you have a photo only, the photo (or the negative) might have enough resolution to read the model number under magnification. I had assumed that you had the unit itself.

The Quadfather

Back