Remember the NBC variety show "Pink Lady and Jeff"? Pink Lady is coming to SACD

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

soundboy

1K Club - QQ Shooting Star
QQ Supporter
Japan's Stereo Sound will be releasing a single-layer SACD (packaged with a separate CD) of a "Best of" compilation of Pink Lady, the J-pop duo best known to American audience with their 1980 variety show "Pink Lady and Jeff" on NBC.

Coming at the end of May.

Japan's Stereo Sound will be releasing a single-layer SACD (packaged with a separate CD) of a "Best of" compilation of Pink Lady, the J-pop duo best known to American audience with their 1980 variety show "Pink Lady and Jeff" on NBC.

Coming at the end of May.
Hey I remember watching that show! Me thinks it was the last in a line music variety shows with Captain & Tenille in late 70's & Tony Orlando & Dawn in mid '70's. I remember watching Pink Lady just because it was so odd. By that I mean the whole concept of pairing Japanese (who my dad always called them inscrutable) women with an American male singer made it the only show like it on TV. As I grew up to love anime, the music that goes with it and J music in general, now you've got me wondering if Pink Lady was my influence.

I will definetly look for them on YouTube & otherwise refresh my memory of their music. Thanks for the post!

Edit: Do you have a link to news about the Pink Lady SACD or where it will be distributed. My only guess where to check would be Yes Asia or CD Japan.

Last edited:
Hey I remember watching that show! Me thinks it was the last in a line music variety shows with Captain & Tenille in late 70's & Tony Orlando & Dawn in mid '70's. I remember watching Pink Lady just because it was so odd. By that I mean the whole concept of pairing Japanese (who my dad always called them inscrutable) women with an American male singer made it the only show like it on TV. As I grew up to love anime, the music that goes with it and J music in general, now you've got me wondering if Pink Lady was my influence.

I will definetly look for them on YouTube & otherwise refresh my memory of their music. Thanks for the post!

Edit: Do you have a link to news about the Pink Lady SACD or where it will be distributed. My only guess where to check would be Yes Asia or CD Japan.

The news of the Pink Lady SACD came from the below link and I used Google for the translation....

https://online.stereosound.co.jp/_ct/17359509
Stereo Sound reissues are only available on its website and the Pink Lady SACD is not listed on the website yet....

https://www.stereosound-intlstore.jp

The SACD is listed on the Japanese Stereo Sound shop here. I'm guessing that since international shipping is on hold, Stereo Sound simply haven't updated the International side, yet.

Pink Lady "Aku Yu Works Collection" (Single Layer SACD + CD, 2 Disc Set) SSMS-043-044 * Reserved Items-Scheduled to be shipped from May 22

â–  Release date: May 24, 2020
â–  Model number: SSMS-043 ~ 044
â–  Specification: SACD (single layer) + CD, 2 disc set
â–  JAN code: 4571177052438

This product is as faithful as possible to the sound of the original master Based on our production concept that we want to deliver audio files to our hands, we do not perform correction processing such as noise cut and dropout caused by the master.

* As a general rule, the items shipped from us will wait until the latest item arrives. We are unable to respond to requests such as summarizing or dividing shipping products after order confirmation. Please note.

Reservation selling price 4,950 yen (tax included)
[23 points presented]
[Reservation acceptance period: 00:00 on April 24 to 23:59 on May 21 ]
Tweet

Inquiries about products
Add to Favorites
Product image

Back