Renaissance - “Turn of the Cards” reissue with 5.1 DVD

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
OK boys, this is out of control.

Let's stop attacking each other and get this thread back on track. I did not notice all of this crap because I really don't know this album and didn't read the thread until this morning.

Please treat each other with respect and if you disagree, make your point then END IT. Arguments on the internet are many and there is never a resolution that pleases everyone. So just drop it. If someone annoys you on the forum, use the IGNORE feature if you feel enraged. The last thing the moderators (or me) wants to do is babysit the forum.

So please, knock it off. Anymore of this crap and this entire thread will be "pruned". Heck, it might be pruned anyway.

NOTE: I did prune it.

Last edited:
It is very obvious that you trimmed posts correcting the incorrect posts, but have left a couple of posts that continue the incorrect information for people to get the wrong idea of what was and wasn't released.

After the attack by those more than happy to back the person who was trying to make it look as though certain albums were released in quad, when they obviously weren't, I shouldn't be surprised that a moderator removes correct information and leaves incorrect information in place.

Have learnt a lot about this place in a few days, little of it good.

It is very obvious that you trimmed posts correcting the incorrect posts, but have left a couple of posts that continue the incorrect information for people to get the wrong idea of what was and wasn't released.

After the attack by those more than happy to back the person who was trying to make it look as though certain albums were released in quad, when they obviously weren't, I shouldn't be surprised that a moderator removes correct information and leaves incorrect information in place.

Have learnt a lot about this place in a few days, little of it good.

Don't let the door hit you in the butt on your way out. :rolleyes:

Don't let the door hit you in the butt on your way out. :rolleyes:

If a jobs worth doing, it's worth doing well.

Look, all I've seen so far here is negativity from people just because i dared to correct someone who started a posting that contained well known incorrect information, and I received backing from Mark Anderson, but still the attacks continued, which makes me believe there a nasty streak in this forum.

Is this the way it is here? Bowing and scraping to anyone who can post whatever he wants, be it right or wrong?
Is it also the case that what appears to be a group of people who are willing to back the poster even if he is wrong.
What happened to having correct information? Was that not one of the ideas behind the internet and having such forums?
As I've already made mention of, this forum has a link to a web site that is full of false information, is that also accepted?

If a jobs worth doing, it's worth doing well.

Look, all I've seen so far here is negativity from people just because i dared to correct someone who started a posting that contained well known incorrect information.

Is this the way it is here? Bowing and scraping to anyone who can post whatever he wants, be it right or wrong?
Is it also the case that what appears to be a group of people who are willing to back the poster even if he is wrong.
What happened to having correct information? Was that not one of the ideas behind the internet and having such forums?
As I've already made mention of, this forum has a link to a web site that is full of false information, is that also accepted?

I believe that I am the poster you objected to, and I said that I recalled that "the Sire LP release was reputed to be an unmarked QS quad album".
I didn't say that it WAS one. Anyway, you stay. I will leave. When noobies are allowed to crap all over threads, you are right. This isn't the place to be.

As Jon said and I, amongst many here, support:
Please treat each other with respect and if you disagree, make your point then END IT.
Enough is enough.

This has gone beyond who is right and who is wrong and who said what.
It doesn't matter any more!!

First and foremost we treat each other with respect no matter what our own personal beliefs are.
I am not taking sides but I do not enjoy reading this anger and hostility for no other reason than point scoring.

Please refrain from any further posts, that are unwarranted and not relative to this thread.

Thankyou.

I believe that I am the poster you objected to, and I said that I recalled that "the Sire LP release was reputed to be an unmarked QS quad album".
I didn't say that it WAS one. Anyway, you stay. I will leave. When noobies are allowed to crap all over threads, you are right. This isn't the place to be.

I don't believe it was you, whoever it was went on about three known non-quad albums, and he stood his ground because it was put in some catologue, and wouldn't accept the facts, he's the one who was crapping everywhere.

Of course, using his logic we'd all have quad copies of Chicago IV, Pink Floyd - Animals (was listed in print in the UK) and Neil Diamond - Beautiful Noise (again listed in print in the UK)

Of course I could well have supplied information for further misinformation to be posted in the future 😩

As Jon said and I, amongst many here, support:
Please treat each other with respect and if you disagree, make your point then END IT.
Enough is enough.

This has gone beyond who is right and who is wrong and who said what.
It doesn't matter any more!!

First and foremost we treat each other with respect no matter what our own personal beliefs are.
I am not taking sides but I do not enjoy reading this anger and hostility for no other reason than point scoring.

Please refrain from any further posts, that are unwarranted and not relative to this thread.

Thankyou.

That's all very well "in theory", but when long standing members attack when i tried to help, what happens then? Is that all right?

Here's the deal Richard, if in fact you ARE Richard. Drop it. You are disrupting this thread and this forum. If you continue I will have to agree with the moderators and ban you again. If you like, I will un-ban your original account so you can at least take claim to your posts so people will know who you are and your reputation with regard to surround and matrix, which is quite excellent. There is no need to go on and on, as I said, state your point and be done. It's not that hard.

I did not delete "true" posts, I deleted any post that was antagonistic. These posts are still there, you just can't see them. If you PM me with the post that you thought should not be deleted I will review it and restore it.

If you don't like that, feel free to leave. Again, enough is enough.

Here's the deal Richard, if in fact you ARE Richard. Drop it. You are disrupting this thread and this forum. If you continue I will have to agree with the moderators and ban you again. If you like, I will un-ban your original account so you can at least take claim to your posts so people will know who you are and your reputation with regard to surround and matrix, which is quite excellent. There is no need to go on and on, as I said, state your point and be done. It's not that hard.

I did not delete "true" posts, I deleted any post that was antagonistic. These posts are still there, you just can't see them. If you PM me with the post that you thought should not be deleted I will review it and restore it.

If you don't like that, feel free to leave. Again, enough is enough.

So, a new name to conjure with. Are you picking them out of a hat.

It's obvious that help is not needed here, it's all very one sided, so what will be..

Whoa, just found this thread. How did I miss this? :D

This album has my two favorite Renaissance songs: "I Think of You" and "Black Flame". Nice to see this get the surround treatment!
So.....are you going to buy it? :) I haven't ordered yet...can't decide if I like the style of music or not. I mean, I'm all about older music, just never really heard this band somehow.

So.....are you going to buy it? :) I haven't ordered yet...can't decide if I like the style of music or not. I mean, I'm all about older music, just never really heard this band somehow.

Me, I'm definitely getting it--just waiting to see if it's offered cheaper somewhere else.

FWIW: if you're on the fence about Renaissance, the album that sucked me in back in the 70s was Song for All Seasons--nice combination of prog and pop. Check it out on Spotify or YouTube or wherever you can find it and see what you think. I'm sorry I left them behind all those years ago, but am looking forward to getting reacquainted.

So, a new name to conjure with. Are you picking them out of a hat.

It's obvious that help is not needed here, it's all very one sided, so what will be..

Auroan, if you didn't waste so much time focusing on the negative you might've noticed that over the years QQ Forum, its moderators and posters have been instrumental in liberating hundreds of nascent QUAD titles in digital format from the vaults of the majors.

And from experience, it's one of THE MOST liberating forums I have ever had the pleasure of posting on. And yes, from time to time we do have disagreements and arguments .....but they're usually settled with civility!

Last edited:
Blimey, I saw then loads of time in the mid-70s! Renaissance were quite big in the US, the very original bands line-up had 2 members of the Yardbirds! The 2nd album had a different line-up. Have a look at https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Renaissance_(band)

Blimey, I saw then loads of time in the mid-70s! Renaissance were quite big in the US, the very original bands line-up had 2 members of the Yardbirds! The 2nd album had a different line-up. Have a look at https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Renaissance_(band)
One of those two was Keith Relf. He went on to form Armageddon a few years later.
Armageddon was great but only one album "Buzzard" is a fantastic song.

Back