Renaissance - “Turn of the Cards” reissue with 5.1 DVD

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
This is good news to me I have several of their albums and the AF SACD of Scheherazade.
However I would like to know who has done the 5.1 mix before I jump in and order.

I did a single track play test of a Renaissance track for Rob Reed many months ago, so it's possible that he's done this mix. I'll try and find out for you...

YESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Love this album!!! Just acquired all the available Esoteric label CD stereo reissues this year which are all quite nice. "Turn of the Cards" and Scheherazade and Other Stories" were missing in the reissues :( but were available on a 2fer of both albums performed live. I do have a nice reissue of Scheherazade on the Repertoire label that is pretty good.) And to get Turn in 5.1 is one of my my 5.1 wishes coming true 😍 good times!

I'm not very literate in computer terms but the icon, that is on my bookmarks bar for Dutton/Voacalicon website is the same one that shows up on the link for Cherry Red Records issue of "Turn of the Cards".

I'm not very literate in computer terms but the icon, that is on my bookmarks bar for Dutton/Voacalicon website is the same one that shows up on the link for Cherry Red Records issue of "Turn of the Cards".
Had me puzzled at first as well, I think its a stock logo.

I like what I've heard, so far. The singer sounds a bit like Anneke van Giersbergen, of The Gathering.

I agree there are some similarities between them. If you haven't already give the live performances on "Live at Carnegie Hall" a listen, great versions of all the songs especially "Mother Russia" and "Ashes Are Burning".

I like what I've heard, so far. The singer sounds a bit like Anneke van Giersbergen, of The Gathering.
Very popular in the 1970s, toured regularly as support act and headliner as well. Annie's range and tonal quality is superb; FYI she's been deaf in one ear since childhood. Can't wait to hear this surround release!

Believe it or not, Billboard had that album listed as a quad release in their hot 100 listings..........vinyl QLP .

A little follow up on this indicates listed in Billboard ;

Nov 23,(page 96) ,and 30th (page 56) and Dec 07 1974.(page 68).

And re Billboard article on QS releases of Fireballet , Synergy , and Climax Blues Band...........

" We plan to try the system (QS) on all future releases " March 15 1975 page 63.

A little follow up on this indicates listed in Billboard ;

Nov 23,(page 96) ,and 30th (page 56) and Dec 07 1974.(page 68).

And re Billboard article on QS releases of Fireballet , Synergy , and Climax Blues Band...........

" We plan to try the system (QS) on all future releases " March 15 1975 page 63.

There were many an album that were listed as going to be in Quad but never made it for one reason or another. Life's a bitch sometimes.

I did a single track play test of a Renaissance track for Rob Reed many months ago, so it's possible that he's done this mix. I'll try and find out for you...
When I met him backstage at Steve Hackett in Cardiff I asked him if he'd consider mixing anyone else's music in surround, hoping to get him interested in it so there would be another good mixer in on the act and we'd have more surround to feed our habits, he told me he didn't think he'd feel comfortable mixing other peoples stuff, if he has now changed his mind about that I'm very pleased.

Back