Renaissance SQ LP?

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

omega4

QQ Supporter
Since 2002/2003
I came upon a discography website for Renaissance (a 70's band) and found this entry. Does anyone know anything about it?

BBC Transcription: Stereo Pop Special #99: Pop Spectacular, Featuring Renaissance In Concert

Hosted by Alan Black. SQ Matrix Quad LP. Running Hard, Mother Russia, Prologue, Ocean Gypsy, Ashes Are Burning. 1975.

It is odd because it says SQ and I am not sure that the BBC ever broadcast in that system. Anyway, all comments on it are welcome.

omega4 said:
I came upon a discography website for Renaissance (a 70's band) and found this entry. Does anyone know anything about it?

BBC Transcription: Stereo Pop Special #99: Pop Spectacular, Featuring Renaissance In Concert

Hosted by Alan Black. SQ Matrix Quad LP. Running Hard, Mother Russia, Prologue, Ocean Gypsy, Ashes Are Burning. 1975.

It is odd because it says SQ and I am not sure that the BBC ever broadcast in that system. Anyway, all comments on it are welcome.

The BBC did broadcast in SQ during the quad era. There are some radio-only L.P.s floating around of these, usually at steep prices. You can find a partial list of these titles here:

http://personal.riverusers.com/~manderso/quaddisc/quadradi.htm

zabble said:
The BBC did broadcast in SQ during the quad era. There are some radio-only L.P.s floating around of these, usually at steep prices. You can find a partial list of these titles here:

They certainly did. I have a Deep Purple in concert 1974 lp from BBC transcription service (CN2096/SQ) definately Quad, but a poor mix and concert.

Malcolm

omega4 said:

I'm a big Renaissance fan. Was the SQ album for sale? Does anyone have a copy?

Barry

zabble said:

Thanks for the link. It makes very interesting reading. I see now why other members of the QQ Forum identify the Silverline DVD-A Front Row issues as King Biscuit Hour recordings. However, the BBC transcription discs seem interesting, although I note the comment by Malcolm 2010 about the Deep Purple record. I must look out for them.

Back