Replacing Jewel Cases for DVD-a and SACDs

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'd stay away from that style case. Definitely not the right kind. If you are looking for small hinge cases no way will you find them. Large hinge cases should still be around somewhere.

Well the Genesysdtp link & http://www.superjewelbox.co.uk/ are working but after reading that thread you linked the small hinged cases for the older dvd-as are the hard ones to find.

The 2 sites above sell the large hinged...........

So if you are looking to replace a small hinge case - do not buy the large hinged or you have to cut the back label to get it to fit.............Snood no wanna do that.

The thread FOurplay linked up suggested buying old cheap silver line releases and using their small hinge cases..........that could get reaaaaaaaal expensive if you have more than a few cases to replace and yet you still don;t know if those cases you receive will not be broken.......

Sorry -rehashing a lot that JonUrban, Fredblue, leevitalone and Fourplay mentioned in the other thread.

Snood will have to take a closer look at the cases me needs to replace. :confused:

The thread FOurplay linked up suggested buying old cheap silver line releases and using their small hinge cases..........that could get reaaaaaaaal expensive if you have more than a few cases to replace and yet you still don;t know if those cases you receive will not be broken.......
:confused:

Not sure where Snood is, but all three of the Amoeba stores in California tend to have cheapo Silverline titles on the racks in a way that one can inspect the box first. Still 3-4 bucks a pop, but suppose this is better than nuttin.

Not sure where Snood is, but all three of the Amoeba stores in California tend to have cheapo Silverline titles on the racks in a way that one can inspect the box first. Still 3-4 bucks a pop, but suppose this is better than nuttin.

My question would be; how do you remove the existing "art work" on the Silverline cases without causing damage to the case. I have several Silverline titles that I would love to use the case BUT I can't seem to remove the title information from the case without breaking it.

Anybody have any ideas on how to use the Silverline cases without breaking them?

My question would be; how do you remove the existing "art work" on the Silverline cases without causing damage to the case. I have several Silverline titles that I would love to use the case BUT I can't seem to remove the title information from the case without breaking it.

Anybody have any ideas on how to use the Silverline cases without breaking them?

a thin blade knife inserted into the back where the hinges are should open it. Pop a little open at a time moving up-down the space-slide the blade until it separates, don't rush it. They were not made to disassemble.

Nah no Amoebas in Orlando, Florida - ever even heard of them..............Snood think Surround sound is outlawed here in Florida. Snood does street deals for my discs lol...........see the "what's the craziest thing you've done for surround sound" thread

Might have to go to my local GOODWILL and see if they have any........don't laugh, goodwill can be a treasure trove for 5.1 :yikes

I have had a lot of trouble getting DVD-A cases in Australia, ebay has them at crazy prices.

thank you all for the great info. you guys are AWESOME! :) just for the cases i ordered 4 new sealed 'front row' discs at .39cents (plus shipping of course..amazon) tho due to points on visa card in essence they were free! and seller is crediting me for one that came cracked.

because of your specific instructions...i was easily able to get them apart without breaking anything and use them for the dvd-a's i have with damaged cases...one of which had been run over by a car! (miraculously only casualty was the case) for any that are unaware...the 'front row' cases are the cheaper plastic (at least the ones i got are) not the normal dvd-a heavier gauge plastic...but DO have the small hinge....

thank you all for the great info. you guys are AWESOME! :) just for the cases i ordered 4 new sealed 'front row' discs at .39cents (plus shipping of course..amazon) tho due to points on visa card in essence they were free! and seller is crediting me for one that came cracked.

because of your specific instructions...i was easily able to get them apart without breaking anything and use them for the dvd-a's i have with damaged cases...one of which had been run over by a car! (miraculously only casualty was the case) for any that are unaware...the 'front row' cases are the cheaper plastic (at least the ones i got are) not the normal dvd-a heavier gauge plastic...but DO have the small hinge....

Can you post the amazon link mate? Thanks

Back