Ricky's Audio Video Barn Build Project

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Rum: worst hangover that I ever had, worse than mezcal. Reels you in with it's mildness, drink way too many hippie bitches from fishbowls at the The Wreck Bar in Daytona...and then...bam!
Cue in: Dire Straits - Heavy Fuel.
My nephew, many years ago, said he was gonna retire to Daytona. Mainly because of the Wreck Bar. He's about that age. Is the bar still around?

My nephew, many years ago, said he was gonna retire to Daytona. Mainly because of the Wreck Bar. He's about that age. Is the bar still around?
I honestly have no clue. A lady named Ringo owned it back in the early 80's. That's where I met Gregg Allman for the first time. Had a lot of good times there back when. I used to roadie for some Florida club circuit bands back when, run sound, lights, set up equipment, etc. Had a lot of friends in bands, and when I worked at a night club in Lakeland, the bands that played our club often moved next to Daytona. If it was a band that was friends of ours, we would often go directly to Daytona after cleaning up the bar and the band had all their equipment out. The next stop would often be The Wreck Bar. The club had a flophouse for the current band just above the old Kawasaki jet ski shop after crossing the river, on the left headed for the beach. I stayed many a night there over a few years time.

So, pretty much the bands that played at The Wreck also played at the club I worked at in Lakeland. Way the circuit worked back then for the top bands. Molly Hatchet played our club twice before they cut a record deal.

Exotic brews. MQA? What Is that? Like Everclear? Oh they could definitely be a product partnership for them!
Ricko is a HUGE proponent of MQA, SW .... he has more MQA encoded discs than Carter has liver pills...whatever THAT means! At 24 bit unfolded, Ricko is MORE than a bit player!

MQA audio: what is it? How can you get it? | What Hi-Fi?

The Cornerstone of Project Wilderness BARN! 🛖e ay e ay 0 🐔cock a doodle do!

Last edited:
I honestly have no clue. A lady named Ringo owned it back in the early 80's. That's where I met Gregg Allman for the first time. Had a lot of good times there back when. I used to roadie for some Florida club circuit bands back when, run sound, lights, set up equipment, etc. Had a lot of friends in bands, and when I worked at a night club in Lakeland, the bands that played our club often moved next to Daytona. If it was a band that was friends of ours, we would often go directly to Daytona after cleaning up the bar and the band had all their equipment out. The next stop would often be The Wreck Bar. The club had a flophouse for the current band just above the old Kawasaki jet ski shop after crossing the river, on the left headed for the beach. I stayed many a night there over a few years time.

So, pretty much the bands that played at The Wreck also played at the club I worked at in Lakeland. Way the circuit worked back then for the top bands. Molly Hatchet played our club twice before they cut a record deal.
Damn. Start your own thread about this. Like something I'd read in RS!

Ricko is a HUGE proponent of MQA, SW .... he has more MQA encoded discs than Carter has liver pills...whatever THAT means! At 24 bit unfolded, Ricko is MORE than a bit player!

MQA audio: what is it? How can you get it? | What Hi-Fi?

The Cornerstone of Project Wilderness BARN! 🛖e ay e ay 0 🐔cock a doodle do!
Carter's Little Liver pills came often in a green tin, as I recall from my childhood. After 1959, according to a quick google, they were known as Carter's Little Pills.
Some wit coined the phrase "more of " " than Carter's has little liver pills" decades ago.
More useless info to nosh on.

I did a search and couldn’t find a Wreck bar in Daytona, but there is one in Lauderdale.

https://www.boceanresort.com/dining/the-wreck-bar/
The Wreck Bar in Daytona Beach was not part of a chain. It was in an old two story house, at least back in my day. Ringo, the owner (I presume) lived on the second story, was my impression. Was somewhere in the vicinity of the old graveyard, and a popular biker's bar, though the name of which escapes me right now. Haven't been to Daytona Beach since the early '80's.
On Saturday and Sunday night, one weekend, Gregg played the last set with the band, which irritated the lead guitar player no end, as he did not care for Southern Rock. The last set he liked to play his guitar with a fiddle bow, and that I guess was his moment to shine.
On Sunday night we broke down and loaded the equipment up. Somewhere around sunrise Gregg came walking down the stairs, and he and we (the crew) all had a beer/drink together before he took off. I don't remember much about Ringo, other than she was an attractive lady possibly in her 40's at the time.

Back