Ripping in surround for Apple TV

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
So, I'm not holding my breath but does this open the possibility to someone figuring out how to rip Dolby Atmos from a Blu-ray, encode the base 5.1/7.1 in to lossy and then mix the Atmos data in to a .m4a file that Apple Music would upload?

Crazy? Or possible.

It appears there is a size limit so if you have a long track that continues to indicate it is "ineligible", try lowering the bitrate. Not sure what the size limit is but I first encountered it on a 20 minute track that was over 200Mb.

What’s crazy is remixing everything to a lossy format. There are plenty of other cheap media players that that can play lossless TrueHD, DTS-HDMA and FLAC.

But they don't track last played date, ratings, all the cool things you can do with Apple's Smart Playlists. I have play counts and history going back to 2002. And, my 61 year old ears are way past being able to tell the difference between high bitrate lossy and lossless. I just isn't there so I can't care.

But they don't track last played date, ratings, all the cool things you can do with Apple's Smart Playlists. I have play counts and history going back to 2002. And, my 61 year old ears are way past being able to tell the difference between high bitrate lossy and lossless. I just isn't there so I can't care.

Yea. Each to his/her own. Other media players can do what you mention (with your own media). That's not unique to Apple.

In my case I don't care to know when I last played something nor do I give it a rating. I guess when I can't remember what I like I won't know how to play music anyway (like my dad at 80 when he couldn't remember how to to switch his AVR inputs between his BD player, DVD player, turntable and TV) :)

Back