SACD to ISO with Oppo & Pioneer BD players!

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
When I use the MX122 as the player, I select a mch rip, press play, the artwork, song, album, album name shows up on screen, then says "file format error"

When I use the MX122 as the player, I select a mch rip, press play, the artwork, song, album, album name shows up on screen, then says "file format error"

Sorry, I don't know what using the MX122 as a player means.

When connecting HDMI, the player is jRiver.

Is MX122 showing up in the jRiver device settings?

Sounds to me like you are using your network but your not using your files as a server from NAS. That would give you an error like that.

OK, I believe I miss labeled the zone of the HDMI input within the settings of the MX122.
I just played a 4.0 and a 5.1, perfect, HDMI from NUC to MX122 via JRiver.
Now, I am able to do manually a stereo file to stereo player and a MCH file to MCH Player. I think I remember that I can set this up to be automatic, in case i ever forget what is what?
Thanks for help and encouragement, nerve racking.

OK, I believe I miss labeled the zone of the HDMI input within the settings of the MX122.
I just played a 4.0 and a 5.1, perfect, HDMI from NUC to MX122 via JRiver.
Now, I am able to do manually a stereo file to stereo player and a MCH file to MCH Player. I think I remember that I can set this up to be automatic, in case i ever forget what is what?
Thanks for help and encouragement, nerve racking.

Each zone remembers your settings. Set each zone accordingly.

Stereo zone to stereo DAC, and multichannel zone to multichannel processor (McIntosh).

If you get greedy later, try the MX122 zone that shows up when networked to the server (NAS), NUC (jRiver), and MX122 (renderer). Find your NAS files in jRiver's libraries, load THAT library, select the MX122 zone, load files to that zone's playlist.

Each zone remembers your settings. Set each zone accordingly.

Stereo zone to stereo DAC, and multichannel zone to multichannel processor (McIntosh).

If you get greedy later, try the MX122 zone that shows up when networked to the server (NAS), NUC (jRiver), and MX122 (renderer). Find your NAS files in jRiver's libraries, load THAT library, select the MX122 zone, load files to that zone's playlist.

This is so exciting. And yet I'm terrified to make a mistake. Still get lost but the settings are correct. The NUC doesn't like to back and forth very fast.
I have to manually switch the zones on the MX122 for playback one zone is the D150 DAC USB (stereo) and the other is the MX122 HDMI (MCH).
I just have to figure out how to do automatic from the JRiver?
The 4.0 and the 5.1 play just fine. I put the hard disc in of one to see if there was a difference in sound quality, none at all, all amps are working fine.
Still in my pajamas.

Is Zone 4 on the MX122 an output or an input?

Thanks Kal, the McIntosh MX122 has 7 HDMI inputs and 4 HDMI outputs. I plugged into In-5, but labeled in settings 4 and it just screwed things up. All good now, just going to need to everything tweaked to perfection but need a football break today.

Thanks Everybody, I thought I would stop using this thread as I have mastered the SACD ripping, stereo and MCH, thanks only to you guys. Now before I go into other format ripping my questions will pertain to JRiver tweaking, so I'll start asking questions on the:
JRiver Guide on QQ
Sometimes I felt like I was holding on for dear life, I hope I can help somebody later like you guys helped me. It's a lot of work and patience, cuz your working with a machine that can be temperamental. But, now the least of my concerns is ripping SACD via the OPPO 105 and the Sonore software, yes thank you Mr. Wicked.
I started this in my mind in 2017 and now 2018 I am pretty savvy, it took me over a year. I had no idea how many SACD's I owned, it seems like I average ripping 3-4 a day for months now.
The NUC computer I use and the Synology Nas can be temperamental, for instance if I rip 10 in a row, one sitting, the NAS seems to get overloaded and the JRiver doesnt take all the tracks, so I turn off/on the Nas and it syncs perfectly with JRiver, and the NUC can get hot and overloaded also from so much activity, I had to reboot a few times.
The ease of having your discs ripped into files is now my only way to go, no more, I need to listen to whole disc, cuz if i don't I have to stand up and switch disc, but what disc, with ripped HiRes it is just so easy and there is no loss of quality, in fact I have read some articles that the digital file is actually cleaner than the hard disc.
Truly, no bullshit, if I can do it, anybody can do it.

And....at least I find...if you don't keep ripping discs.....you tend to forget some of the steps.

Oh boy, sometimes I feel like I'm in ripping hell, it goes on forever. I probably have 10K worth of SACD, sell them, keep them, I can't even go there right now. Maybe when I'm done. But after SACD I have DVD-A, DTS, and BD.

Reactions: GOS
Wow, I just ripped #1, Dark Side Of The Moon, SACD-5.1.
771rev2.jpg

Tell me about it - this happens to me after about a week (or less)...

- Jim, a.k.a. :poop:-for brains)
It may depend on how you do it. I have a pair of PS3s gathering dust because I now use my Oppos for ripping and cannot face recalling the setup/interface to use them. (Anyone need one?)
OTOH, using the Oppo is so easy, there is nothing to forget. My process is
1. Insert the flash drive into the Oppo and turn the player on.
2. Insert the disc to be ripped and push close.
3. Turn on Sonore's GUI "ISO2DSD" and click.

It may depend on how you do it. I have a pair of PS3s gathering dust because I now use my Oppos for ripping and cannot face recalling the setup/interface to use them. (Anyone need one?)

I agree, very easy. I'm lucky enough to have a OPPO 105 for ripping only, nothing is connected in the rear. Even so if I wasn't ripping for awhile making sure you have the Sonore and the ripping folder named correctly on your desktop is what I am doing. If I used the OPPO I would tape the thumbdrive to the chassis of the OPPO as that is a significant step in the set up process.

Yeah, I forgot this topic is specific to ripping SACD to iso. I agree with you...it's quite easy and I do it just like you obviously. My comment about forgetting was based on all the different disc formats I rip...along with the different programs I use depending on the disc by disc challenges that sometimes pop up.

Yeah, I forgot this topic is specific to ripping SACD to iso. I agree with you...it's quite easy and I do it just like you obviously. My comment about forgetting was based on all the different disc formats I rip...along with the different programs I use depending on the disc by disc challenges that sometimes pop up.

I think this weekend I will finish ripping all my SACD's been at least a month of ripping at least 2 or 3 everyday, more on the weekends. What do you think I should rip next? I don't know how to rip anything except SACD. I have a large collection of DVD-A that would be nice. I assume when you rip a DVD-A you lose the ability to see pictures, lyrics, etc?

I think this weekend I will finish ripping all my SACD's been at least a month of ripping at least 2 or 3 everyday, more on the weekends. What do you think I should rip next? I don't know how to rip anything except SACD. I have a large collection of DVD-A that would be nice. I assume when you rip a DVD-A you lose the ability to see pictures, lyrics, etc?
I would learn the exact art of extracting the various audio streams from the ISOs, and labeling them correctly. like: 6-Chan 24/96, 2-Chan 16/44, 2-chan. etc.

Back