Sansui QA 7000

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

oilman

Is anyone here very familiar with this amp. The Sansui QA 7000 I mean. Can anyone tell me if the Phase Matrix setting is a SQ decoder maybe??

My Akai AS980 is having problems. Its seems really lame on the right channel (on the phono ports) in stereo and probably that would effect it in the SQ mode? Maybe, it seems to me it does. And it has some sort of the intermitent glitch/ thump sound on all four speakers once in a while. I fear blowing a speaker its so loud a noise! So I pulled it off the rack and put it in the other room so I won't be tempted to use it anymore. My AS970 does not do anything on the QS setting. Almost dead silence. So I fired that into the storage room too. Doe!

I'm in a bit of a panic. I just bought a bunch of Pink Floyd SQ LP's. And my two amps with a SQ decoder are on the frits. ARRRGGG. The Sansui (actualy I have two of these) seems to be decoding into a 4 channel signal on several settings. The QS and Regular Matrix settings. But I want to hear the lp's in SQ as they were ment to be heard. If possible.

Any help would great. The only I guy I know who might have a manual handy is closed till Monday.

Thanks Lorne.

You are correct. The Sansui "Phase Matrix" is their SQ position, but Sansui either did not want to pay royalties to Sony to label it, or they did not want to acknowledge it ... maybe both.

It is only a very basic non-logic decoder though, and you won't be that thrilled with it; butt the QS decoder is pretty basic in that unit as well. There were no integrated Sansui quad amps with Vario-matrix decoders.

Later Sansui Vario-matrix decoders had a much better SQ decoder section, and they actually labeled it "SQ". I have a QRX-7001 and a QSD-2, which both have "SQ" positions that are actually very good. Give it a try though. You might be surprised.

Back