Sansui QRX-8001 with Variomatrix

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
sqdave1975 said:
QRX-8001 Now sold to a fellow UK member of QQ!!!

:brew

Well DAVE its been on since I got home and I'm very pleased with her performance
She sounds lovely on my big bad arse pioneer 4 ways and also the rear wharfedales. :D The calibration of the 4 channels seems very close to one another did you sort that out as well?? She's got a very detailed and also a very busy sound stage as there is so much going on with the decoder switched to surround..Also I have found that she's very powerfull for a Qaud and even more power when switched to 2/channel
At night time thats when she really sings. And I have to say she sings.
She seems to drag out more and more detail from music that I know well
""OR THOUGHT I DID"" and as I play mostly 60s70s classic rock this old girl seems to thive on this kind of music but she loves rock ballards also..

Hey there, glad it all worked out great! :p

Having replaced all the caps on the two QS decoder boards,
I went on to follow through the limited amount of calibration offered
in the service manual, this does indeed include calibration of the
VU meters.
The 25v power supply and QS decoder were also aligned thanks to
Tab's extremely useful "Saving the Sansui" page on the internet, you'll
find a printed copy of this in the folder I gave you.

Thanks again for such a smooth sale, I'm sure she'll give you
stirling service for years to come :51banana:

Hey Congrats Larry!! (y)

Glad to hear that the QRX-8001 found a good home where it will continue to be appreciated!

Rock On! :banana:

Which you can find on quad lp and Q8 by David Essex, or just run the stereo lp or CD through the Surround mode and get blown away!! :D

QuadBob said:
Hey Congrats Larry!! (y)

Glad to hear that the QRX-8001 found a good home where it will continue to be appreciated!

Rock On! :banana:

Which you can find on quad lp and Q8 by David Essex, or just run the stereo lp or CD through the Surround mode and get blown away!! :D

Hi Bob!!
Nice to chat again. (y)
This QRX 8001 is IMO in exceptional condition both in looks and in service :D
If its possible I would like to carry on with the restoration at a later date
As the condition of her demands it.. :brew
And as I said to dave when we did the deal that I felt that if this unit was to fall in the "lets say" the wrong hands she would have been trashed :yikes some time down the road...
At leased now thats not going to happen...Bob my sansui qrx 8001(corr! its good to say that)sounds amazing just useing the tuner. But question for you Bob I have a fibre optic cable service for the tv/tuner up to the house then changes to copper coax from the wall to the qrx 8001.
Now my question is it possible that the qrx 8001 can decode this signal
as the music that I listern to I know by heart,, my god I'm 43 and I did grow up in the 60s/70s. But I am hearing things that I have never heard before and its not that my other gear is in any way substanded.
As I own as many know some of the biggest and best recievers ever made and also seps from the 70s.
My speakers are fall of tweeters (7 in each cab)and they are going bananas.Just thought that maybe you can shed a little light on what's going on???.

Last edited:
Back