What’s a Walkman?It was in the mailbox when I came home today...two days earlier than expected! You are correct, @Clint Eastwood in that I have come up with a litany of complaints about this release:
1. The 7 inch package doesn't fit easily on my shelf.
2. The cover says that this is an SQ record, but inside is a discrete SACD. WTF! I thought I was getting matrix vinyl!!! All that discrete stuff coming from four speakers confuses me.
3. Best Buy doesn't sell any of the quadraphonic equipment shown on the inside sleeve.
4. There is too much dynamic range. How am I going to hear the quiet parts on my Walkman while watching my town's fireworks display. Shame on you SONY.
5. Most of the notes are written in Japanese. I don't read Japanese. Where are The Vapors when you need them?
Let's see...a one point deduct for each of the above. So that lowers my overall score from a 15 to a 10. Do better next time folks.
Seriously, this thing blows away any earlier release of this recording. A magnificent job all around.