Scanning in

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rustyandi

900 Club - QQ All-Star
Since 2002/2003
Is there any way that you can scan into
your computer DVD's CD's
By using the Bars on the Disc's
It would seem to be handy
Ron

That is an EXCELLENT question. There would have to be a database linked to the UPC bar codes. You would think that someone would have done this by now!

I've got a friend who works at an independent record & CD store in Petaluma, and he just told me last weekend that he is able to do this very thing. It makes it easy for him to price used items by checking the "completed items" in Ebay, without typing in all the info. He said he can also look items up on Amazon this way.

well for my dvd collection job, i used collectorz.com, and on their site and database program they have a bar code scanner that you can buy so you can just scan em instead of typing in the bar code (the way I was doing it) into the computer. thank god I know 10 key! it still is kinda tedious tho

the database uses amazon.com, and a few other sites to get its info.

click on a dvd on my site and you'll see what kinda stuff it gets. It even gets info from different places and puts them all together in the summary page.

check it out here:
http://www.collectorz.com/movie/flic_barcode_scanner.php

btw, collectorz.com is a great program for cataloguing your stuff.

btw, collectorz.com is a great program for cataloguing your stuff.

Well, for me it isn't, unfortunately :(

I tried their evaluation version and for just CDs and even SACD and DVD-Audio it works quite fine, but what I'm looking for is a program like this which allows me to put all my music in one database in that way, and in my case this also includes music DVD-Video discs.

I asked them about it and they said that I had to use Movie Collector for these DVDs and that there is no way to transfer the data from one program to the other (i.e. use Movie Collector to just input the DVDs and then export them and import them into Music Collector). Also, they said that they don't intend to add this feature in the future.

I have a lot of DVD+CD or DVD+SACD sets, and it make no sense to me to split the music collection up; close, but no cigar! :(

I'm still looking, btw...

Best regards,
Oliver

you can manually add stuff in however.

btw I have all 7 collectorz programs, but have no comic books as of yet!

Back