SDE’s Surround Series - Your Fantasy Wishlist

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The Zombies - Odessey and Oracle
I doubt Odessey and Oracle has enough multitracks to make a sufficient surround sound mix, to be perfectly honest. They didn't even expect to have needed to make a stereo mix, until ordered to by the record label. As a result, the horns in "This Will Be Our Year"—which were dubbed onto the mix itself for the mono release—are completely absent from the stereo mix (and better for it, imo).

Dead Can Dance
Within the Realm of a Dying Sun
Spleen and Ideal

(restraining myself here, I think basically all their discography would sound awesome in surround... thinking about the thunderstorm at the beggining of In Power We Entrust the Love Advocated, in Atmos, gives me goosebumps)

Pulp
We Love Life

Suede
Dog Man Star

Mike Oldfield
Incantations (I know tapes seem to be lost, but this is fantasy, right?)
Amarok (for crying out loud, the fact that this doesn't exist yet it's a slap in the face of all that's good)

Last edited:
Dead Can Dance
Spleen and Ideal

(restraining myself here, I think basically all their discography would sound awesome in surround... thinking about the thunderstorm at the beggining of In Power We Entrust the Love Advocated, in Atmos, gives me goosebumps)

Pulp
We Love Life

Suede
Dog Man Star

Mike Oldfield
Incantations (I know tapes seem to be lost, but this is fantasy, right?)
Amarok (for crying out loud, the fact that this doesn't exist yet it's a slap in the face of all that's good)
Here ye, Here ye on the Dead Can Dance!

Dead Can Dance
Spleen and Ideal

I would love any "classic" DCD to be mixed in real surround, but from what I gathered most of the albums only exist as stereo, the multis (if they still exist) are incomplete because many overdubs were done direct to stereo, digitally.
That is excluding the debut album and the following Garden... EP, which were recored to analog multis. The debut was remixed for the MoFi SACD (to correct "errors" in the original mix) and subsequent reeditions. I find the original mix superior.

Back