SDE Blu-Ray no.23 new Crowded House album, Gravity Stairs (May 31st, 2024)

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Oh man, my favourite band from my home country are releasing an album on the same day as me?!
Gonna have to check out the singles. But I would really LOVE a surround mix of Together Alone.
I’m glad to see so many other fans on here though. It’s strange to see how popular they are outside of NZ.

Oh man, my favourite band from my home country are releasing an album on the same day as me?!
Gonna have to check out the singles. But I would really LOVE a surround mix of Together Alone.
I’m glad to see so many other fans on here though. It’s strange to see how popular they are outside of NZ.
I gotta think many CH fans go back to Split Enz :)

Split Enz did go down well in the UK, saw them once (it must have been 1976-77), Crowded House really made it, seen the latest incarnation once

Interesting that the Blu-Ray is not sold out after a week despite the 2000 units limit. I wonder if it will still be available on release date.

Very popular here in the Netherlands (aka The Lowlands... :)) in the late 1980s and early 1990s. And they played some big festivals here in 2022. Very annoyed that - so far- they seem to give mainland Europe the cold shoulder re: touring.

Very popular here in the Netherlands (aka The Lowlands... :)) in the late 1980s and early 1990s. And they played some big festivals here in 2022. Very annoyed that - so far- they seem to give mainland Europe the cold shoulder re: touring.
I live in the Netherlands now too, actually! And I have heard Don't Dream It's Over quite a few times at the supermarket :LOL: so that makes sense.

My disc has just arrived. Its packaged differently this time, its an all cardboard sleeve that fits into the SDE No.23 outer box along with an envelope containing the postcards. The disc is in a protective plastic sleeve.

Booklet says the mix is by Steven Schram - so looks like he did the Stereo, 5.1, & Atmos.

CCF_000645.jpg

CCF_000646.jpg

Very popular here in the Netherlands (aka The Lowlands...

I'm enough of a fan to know what you did there... nicely done.

I'm a bit miffed seeing people already receive their orders; I ordered within a couple of hours of it going online and haven't even received a shipping notice :( And I'm err, well, from one of the two countries that gave us this institution...!

My disc has just arrived. Its packaged differently this time, its an all cardboard sleeve that fits into the SDE No.23 outer box along with an envelope containing the postcards. The disc is in a protective plastic sleeve.

Booklet says the mix is by Steven Schram - so looks like he did the Stereo, 5.1, & Atmos.

View attachment 106127
View attachment 106128
All (fragile) cardboard after Pure Audio clear Bluray cases for all the previous releases, ugh

Last edited:
Yep... I'm not a fan of this releases packaging!

Hopefully all future releases will return to the original plastic packaging...

Yep... I'm not a fan of this releases packaging!

Hopefully all future releases will return to the original plastic packaging...
I agree.
When I opened the cardboard box and saw the different packaging I thought ...humm this is completely unexpected.

Listening now. In Atmos
I like it
Mix good
Fidelity good
Music good
Songwriting good
So all good 👍 😊

Back