HiRez Poll Seal - SEAL (First Album) [DVD-A]

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

Rate the DVD-A of Seal - SEAL (First Album)

• 5:

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 4:

• 3:

• 2:

• 1: Bad Mix, Bad Sound, Bad Content

• Total voters

woody

I loved the stereo release of this album on cd, hence i was stoked when I found this in 5.1. The mix is not to be faulted. The vocals are much clearer - in fact on some tracks so much so I wondered if a different source track was used for this mix ( some of the vocal delivery seemed to have a different nuance- but I figure in conclusion on this that this was the hi- Rez exposing this Vocal delivery much more transparently, hence revealing more character. ) One song that really shines in 5.1 is 'Future love Paradise'. The whole intent of this song reveals itself more. To my mind this now sounds like a funky 'futuristic' gospel-hall jam with a choir type vibe- a feeling or impact never even closely renditioned in 2.0 . I contemplated giving this a 10, but asked myself whether it was a better overall mix than the Beatles 'Love' which I would rank higher ( which i also gave a nine. Maybe I should have given the Beatles 10 -as it would be a 9.65 , and this one a 9.30.) Some of the songs on this disc like 'The Beginning' are just made for 5.1 delivery. This Seal disc now sits in my top 10.

dr. simple

1K Club - QQ Shooting Star
This is a fantastic production and a great mix. I gave it a 9, simply because the songs, though great, are not songs I'll find myself singing in my head later.

neil wilkes

2K Club - QQ Super Nova
I've been trying to find this since, oh, forever now.
Anyone got any links where it is still available?
I have IV and the Best Of, both of which are outstanding.

LizardKing

2K Club - QQ Super Nova
I have this one and the "Best of" DVD-A and have been looking for SEAL II, without any luck.... They seem really hard to find these days.

Not really my style, but I'm a sucker for Trevor Horn productions!! This one brings back memories of the early nineties - I had a flatmate who trashed this album, so I had to get it for nostalgia.

LizardKing

2K Club - QQ Super Nova
FYI - my order for Seal II from Rhino CA was cancelled - Neil did you get Seal I?

Order ID 69636000
Date 2/17/2012 2:26:09 PM
Status Cancelled

Quantity Product Unit Price Total Price
1 Seal [1994] (CD/DVDA) $31.99 $31.99
Shipping: International $9.99

neil wilkes

2K Club - QQ Super Nova
FYI - my order for Seal II from Rhino CA was cancelled - Neil did you get Seal I?

Order ID 69636000
Date 2/17/2012 2:26:09 PM
Status Cancelled

Quantity Product Unit Price Total Price
1 Seal [1994] (CD/DVDA) $31.99 $31.99
Shipping: International $9.99
Not had an email telling me anything - will go look.....

Motherf***ers!
Cancelled 4 days ago & never even bothered to tell me about it.
These guys whine and complain about poor sales, and then go & do this - makes me wonder why we bother sometimes.

wavelength

2K Club - QQ Super Nova
Got this note from Rhino Canada after I asked why my order was cancelled:

Thank you for shopping at RhinoRecords.ca! I see here that your order was cancelled because the item is no longer available and currently discontinued. I apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused. If you have any further questions please let me know!

DKA

1K Club - QQ Shooting Star
Not had an email telling me anything - will go look.....

Motherf***ers!
Cancelled 4 days ago & never even bothered to tell me about it.
These guys whine and complain about poor sales, and then go & do this - makes me wonder why we bother sometimes.
Didn't this all sound a bit too good to be true to begin with, though? I mean, a long-lost title ordered directly from Rhino? It was very likely to be some sort of mistake.

sukothai

701 Club - QQ All-Star
QQ Supporter
Since 2002/2003
I just went to the site and checked and mine was cancelled also; which means they never had any. Not even one copy. And yet they still list it as available.

Sorry for putting everyone on the chase.

LizardKing

2K Club - QQ Super Nova
I just went to the site and checked and mine was cancelled also; which means they never had any. Not even one copy. And yet they still list it as available.

Sorry for putting everyone on the chase.
No worries - Thanks for trying to give us a "heads up".

I can't believe they cancelled without sending a e-mail notification!!!

The Rhino websites are some of the worst... The site still has the DVD-As listed..... You'd think they'd remove them...

neil wilkes

2K Club - QQ Super Nova
I'm still waiting to see if I get hit Bank Charges for the aborted CC payment.
If I do, Rhino get an invoice - especially as they are indeed still listing this as available.

@sukothai - don't fash yerself, guy - it's not your fault. How were you to know?

@DKA - stranger things have happened before with OOP titles suddenly showing up in someone's stock room under a pile of old kak.
It's not common, but it does (sometimes) happen.