second set of Genesis SACDs

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rck60s

Does anyone have an idea of when the second set of Genesis cds are scheduled?

Does anyone have an idea of when the second set of Genesis cds are scheduled?

Most of the press release text indicated "Fall 2007"; surely in time for Christmas. Someone recently mentioned a pre-order link but we believe that to for the 1st set only.

HMV Japan is accepting pre-orders for the second batch of SACDs said to be released Sept 17. It is priced higher than the last batch.

The web site"Rember the Eighties" which does a good news round-up is also reporting this release date. http://www.remembertheeighties.com/index2.html

Based on the current exchange rate (Yen to US$), the individual discs are priced at approx. $23/ea and the box set for $143/ea. However, if you take advantage of the "Buy 3 import CD at 25% off" promotion - which these titles qualify for, you can get the individual discs for $17.25 - and that is for the SACD/DVD (NTSC) version. I have made several purchases including the first Genesis box set from them and have received excellent and prompt service(y)

HMV Japan is where I pre-ordered the second set with the 25% off promotion. My only additional suggestion is to check the site periodically between now and the ship date in case the prices drop further or they add an additional promotion like double rewards points. I've seen both happen many times and in short intervals.

Best,
Josh

How the H**l is it possible to price this set higher than the last one...Dumb, dumb, dumb,dumb

Elusive Disc originally listed the price for the second box at 199.00 but then dropped it to a more reasonable 159.00. This is the NTSC version with the bonus SACD and DVD. They show a release date of Sept. 3. Phil Spinner.

Elusive Disc originally listed the price for the second box at 199.00 but then dropped it to a more reasonable 159.00. This is the NTSC version with the bonus SACD and DVD. They show a release date of Sept. 3. Phil Spinner.

I just preordered from Music Direct for $129.99 plus shipping. Tresspass, Cryme, Foxtrot, Selling, Lamb. December release. Mike.

How the H**l is it possible to price this set higher than the last one...Dumb, dumb, dumb,dumb

Well, I've read from a couple of people that, based solely on the new "Tour Edition" of the hits package, the compression is EVEN WORSE on the tracks that appear on both the hits package and the upcoming boxset. If true, that explains the higher prices. . .compression is expensive you know and you are getting MORE of it! (y) :D You have to PAY for your compression; it just doesn't grow on trees!! How anyone can complain about this price increase is beyond me. :confused: ;)

Just having fun folks (though I have read that about the compression. . .),
Josh

My only additional suggestion is to check the site periodically between now and the ship date in case the prices drop further or they add an additional promotion like double rewards points.

HMV Japan is now offering both 25% off AND double rewards points.

See, you have to watch these people! ;) :D
Josh

so the 3rd set is going to be December????? that is the one I am waiting for

So that's just a bundle I guess? Not the box?

My receipt just says Set 3. I don't care if it is a box set anyway. These are the ones I have been waiting for. I did buy Wind and Trick, but I so can't stand Phil Collins that it was painful. Decent disks though, although quite "hot" sounding. I hope the last set are tamed down a bit. Nice surround sound though. Mike.

My receipt just says Set 3. I don't care if it is a box set anyway. These are the ones I have been waiting for. I did buy Wind and Trick, but I so can't stand Phil Collins that it was painful. Decent disks though, although quite "hot" sounding. I hope the last set are tamed down a bit. Nice surround sound though. Mike.

I don't think I could take the compressed/loud treatment to the Gabriel era discs which will happen no doubt. So I won't be getting these.
To me the best disc in the Phil set was the extra disc with the non-album tracks. I play that one the most. That's what made that particular release worthwhile. There may be some great stuff on that extra disc in the Gabriel era box............

Because the first Genesis box set release was such an imaginitve clusterf%$k, everyone should double-check their paperwork in print and electronic and still ask yet again to be sure what you're getting.

To date, I've seen NOTHING as to the 3rd box that is due in 2008. Why would they pollute (undercut) the marketing buzz for the 2nd box that isn't even out yet?

Speaking of the 2nd box, I checked my pre-order with Elusive Disc and I was signed up with the import 4 SACD / 4 DVD-V NTSC at $109 and had them upgrade it to the 5 SACD / 5 DVD-V NTSC at $159.

Why? Because I MUST have the 5.1 version of the great non-lp track On The Shoreline and that bonus disc is the only way I'm going to get it! That track was better than 75% of what did make We Can't Dance (trend the band perfected in later years)

What the hell, it's surround and I only owned one of these albums before....

To date, I've seen NOTHING as to the 3rd box that is due in 2008. Why would they pollute (undercut) the marketing buzz for the 2nd box that isn't even out yet?....

I preordered mine a couple of weeks ago from Music Direct for $129.99 plus shipping ... December 2007 delivery. :confused:

Back