Setting Up Home Theater / Listening Room

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
See the source image

I just want to know "WHO CUT THE CHEESE?"

Getting closer, floor cables all done and sub floor put back together. 3 coats of mud on drywall and final texture coat tomorrow. 20 amp service panel in. Finish paint by Saturday and then sit and wait for hardwood floor, might be a couple, two or three week wait.
IMG_0646.jpg
IMG_0647.jpg
IMG_0648.jpg
IMG_0649.jpg
IMG_0650.jpg

I guess I can call this completed Phase 1, Floor/wall opened to run 4 Atmos wires, 2 rear surrounds and one rear sub, rough in electrical with 20 amp circuit breaker in, insulation, sheet rock, tape/mud, paint all done. I have been gathering a few items to get ready like my DIY heat shrink cable ends, Rocket22 pants, heat gun, the REL S810 and the audio rack sitting in my garage, the 4 channel amp and TV at the store, might as well stay there, not ready yet. So, now I sit and wait, for hardwood floor guy, when?, I'm not sure, probably later rather than sooner.
The color I picked is called Lazy Caterpillar, I call it Sanitarium Green, nice calming effect.
IMG_0656.jpg
IMG_0657.jpg
IMG_0658.jpg
IMG_0659.jpg

I guess I can call this completed Phase 1, Floor/wall opened to run 4 Atmos wires, 2 rear surrounds and one rear sub, rough in electrical with 20 amp circuit breaker in, insulation, sheet rock, tape/mud, paint all done. I have been gathering a few items to get ready like my DIY heat shrink cable ends, Rocket22 pants, heat gun, the REL S810 and the audio rack sitting in my garage, the 4 channel amp and TV at the store, might as well stay there, not ready yet. So, now I sit and wait, for hardwood floor guy, when?, I'm not sure, probably later rather than sooner.
The color I picked is called Lazy Caterpillar, I call it Sanitarium Green, nice calming effect.
View attachment 55290View attachment 55291View attachment 55292View attachment 55293

I have No doubt, Markie, that your lazy catepillar will soon morph into a beautiful Monarch Butterfly

See the source image

See the source image

Finally after a couple months the wiring and body of The Lazy Caterpillar is complete. Today some new engine parts and seats arrive and then this weekend will be rebuilding the new engine with old and new parts. Of course, as you can imagine once set up there will be lots of fine tuning to get her to run sweet.
IMG_0737.jpg
IMG_0738.jpg
IMG_0739.jpg

Had a good day today, unpacked some stuff, seats and TV in, lots of measuring with spikes and pads, measurement city if you know what I mean. Notice the tweeters are aligned with each other, that took months of prep to get that. Nothing hooked up got a long way to go. It took me about 3 hours to get my tweeter thing down. Another 2 hours to align the TV on wall, i am just by my self.
IMG_0746.jpg
IMG_0747.jpg
IMG_0749.jpg
IMG_0750.jpg
IMG_0753.jpg

Had a good day today, unpacked some stuff, seats and TV in, lots of measuring with spikes and pads, measurement city if you know what I mean. Notice the tweeters are aligned with each other, that took months of prep to get that. Nothing hooked up got a long way to go. It took me about 3 hours to get my tweeter thing down. Another 2 hours to align the TV on wall, i am just by my self. View attachment 56258View attachment 56259View attachment 56260View attachment 56261View attachment 56262
Lookin’ awesome, Markie!

Today I worked on cables, what a pain. Remember all my in wall speaker cables where white? Today I put on nylon 1/2" sheath and heat shrink tubing red/black. The rear surrounds will be Bi-Wired but the ceiling speakers will be single red and black as you can only connect bare wire to the ceiling speakers. I have not decided but I might go bare wires to back of the 4 channel amp that will host the ceiling speakers. The front left, center, right front will be Bi-Wired also but with store bought cables Any way very slow process making the in wall cables look pretty.
IMG_0757.jpg
IMG_0758.jpg
IMG_0759.jpg

Well I am at the part now which is good and bad. The good is I am making progress at my pace, which is slow and methodical. The bad is the old rig is now torn apart and the new rig is being built= no rig to listen to. I started out the day yesterday finishing some of the DIY speaker cables even with marked tabs from the label maker I bought. Then I pulled apart the old rig and, not pretty. It is a good time to clean everything, I use the Audioquest cleaner for all the terminals. I am having a friend help me today bring two of the amps upstairs as they are too heavy for 1 person.
IMG_0763.jpg
IMG_0769.jpg
IMG_0764.jpg
IMG_0765.jpg

Getting a little closer, got most of the pieces in and going back and forth with cabling. It's the only part of a music system that makes me think, wow, wireless would be so nice and clean, but this is part of my journey. It took me two hours of moving things around just to get my Ethernet switch and cables to what I felt was good.
62198143233__318DC096-2908-4562-9C10-FBA9D4D6045B.JPG
62206412330__ECC62AD5-0A36-461E-9D9F-9FB48AE2F4C2.JPG
IMG_0774.jpg
IMG_0776.jpg
IMG_0777.jpg

Getting a little closer, got most of the pieces in and going back and forth with cabling. It's the only part of a music system that makes me think, wow, wireless would be so nice and clean, but this is part of my journey. It took me two hours of moving things around just to get my Ethernet switch and cables to what I felt was good.
View attachment 56435View attachment 56436View attachment 56437View attachment 56438View attachment 56439
Loving the looks of this Mark, that line up of McIntosh is killer. And so dig the fact you’ve got good space behind your gear, so freakin’ important. :love:

Back