Should Dutton Vocalion & Dutton Epoch Pre-Announce Upcoming Surround SACDs or Keep Them Secret Until the Release Date?

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rtbluray

Hi-Res Moderator
Staff member
QQ Supporter
When is the next batch due out? I'm waiting to see what's next before I order 2 Pocos for myself and a buddy of mine.

No one knows when the next batch is out until they are out, but I predict that DV are going to unleash a smorgasbord of titles before the year is over, like 20 Quadraphonic SACDs and many two-fers!
Now whether they all come out at once or over the next few months, who knows, but trust me. I have a feeling DV are just getting started! :)

No one knows when the next batch is out until they are out, but I predict that DV are going to unleash a smorgasbord of titles before the year is over, like 20 Quadraphonic SACDs and many two-fers!
Now whether they all come out at once or over the next few months, who knows, but trust me. I have a feeling DV are just getting started! :)

I'm just surprised that they can issue them this fast...considering the size of their operation(y)

I'm just surprised that they can issue them this fast...considering the size of their operation(y)

I would think its a matter of having them in the pipeline already, they just don't publicize it.

DV seems like the complete opposite of say MoFi when it comes to pre release hype. . DV announces releases at the actual time of release. MoFi makes an announcement and then can take a year to actually release the album.

I would think its a matter of having them in the pipeline already, they just don't publicize it.

Right.
Some record labels provide a preview of upcoming releases in advance to listeners - and other record labels wait until the discs or downloads are ready to sell before they tell customers about them.

Well, some people like to know what is coming - or potentially coming to market.
Others prefer focusing on what is available now. :)

Not knowing what is coming out and when eleminates the whining that occurs when an announced release date is pushed back or cancelled.

Also, this is one of the few surprises we can look forward to in this hobby. I hope they never change their policy.

Not knowing what is coming out and when eleminates the whining that occurs when an announced release date is pushed back or cancelled.

Also, this is one of the few surprises we can look forward to in this hobby. I hope they never change their policy.

Spot on....even when AF would try to keep the release date quiet it would appear on amazon:whistle:

Spot on....even when AF would try to keep the release date quiet it would appear on amazon:whistle:

Audio Fidelity changed their release policy to bring announcements closer to the release date.
That helped focus attention on their newest available releases. And avoided attention on the albums that were licensed but ultimately not released in Stereo and Surround SACD.

I like the way D-V are cool enough not to announce anything sooner then the release date. I can kinda understand why... You have to hand it to @steelydave for keeping it schtum!

The only thing is, it’s brought such expectation that as soon they release one batch we all want the next one... And I’m completely guilty - front of queue!

The great thing is they are running out of quad titles/or heading in a more mainstream way? And my hunch says they’re doing ok with the sales so there will be a few good ones to come... :SB

I like the way D-V are cool enough not to announce anything sooner then the release date. I can kinda understand why... You have to hand it to @steelydave for keeping it schtum!

Frankly, Mr. Smithers, I'm certain Steelydave is quite busy writing liner notes and gathering background data related to upcoming D~V Titles.

And can you just imagine if Jonathan Demme entitled his Academy Award Thriller SCHTUM OF THE LAMBS?

A little warning is a good thing, for the company and for the consumer....not TOO early, though, in case something falls through or there is a long delay beyond anybody's control. But it seems to be working for them, so can't moan too much.

ED :)

Back