Show us your gear!

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
That room looks incredible! I remember the "before" pic you posted of the damaged ceiling. Wow what a comeback. I esp like the acoustical treatments. I have never seen ceiling treatment like that. What is it called or who is the mfg'er?

I know most everyone has the more practical flat panel direct radiating video but I much prefer a projector like you. My screen is good quality DIY but fixed. Looks like yours is a roll down. May I ask what brand?

My screen is actually fixed frame acoustically transparent and also DIY using Seymour XD material.

The ceiling treatments are a mix of Auralex T’fusor and Geofusers all stuffed with Ultratouch denim insulation.

I prefer front projection also so I can use 3 identical speakers for LCR and not compromise with the center channel. Also I can have a 150” 2.35 screen and change aspect ration on the fly which is awesome!

I understand both the Audessy and the REW room corrections. What do you intend to gain by doing the REW after the Audessy. The reason I ask as I will be doing a designated audio/visual room in a few months after all this Virus is over, I hope.

always too check that the phase relationship at the crossover is correct and too set my house curve. Its good too see what Audyssey actually did as well. I’ll usually tweak all my channel levels as well.

Here's my gear,

E4jHw7p.jpg

vFMiyWS.jpg

VqcFQjb.jpg

11.2.4 Home Theater Surround Sound Audio Configuration - Dolby Atmos & DTS:X Surround Sound

HDTV:

LG OLED65B9PUA B9 Series 65" 4K UltraHD Smart OLED HDTV

Receiver/Amplifier:
Pioneer Elite VSX-LX503 9.2 Channel 4K UltraHD Network Home Theater A/V Receiver
Pioneer Elite VSX-92TXH 7.1 Channel THX Select 2 HD Home Theater A/V Receiver

Speakers:

Front Speakers:

2 Polk Audio RTi Series RTi12 Floor-Standing Towers
2 Polk Audio Monitor Series II T90e Euro Floor-Standing Towers

Front Height Speakers:
2 Polk Audio Signature Series S20

Center Speaker:
Polk Audio Signature Series S30

Surround Side Speakers:
2 Polk Audio Signature Series S15

Surround Rear Corner Speakers:
2 Polk Audio Monitor Series II Monitor 40

Surround Back Speakers:
2 Polk Audio Signature Series S15

Surround Back Center Height Speakers:
2 Polk Audio Signature Series S10

Subwoofer:
Polk Audio PSW Series PSW111 Powered Subwoofer
Velodyne Acoustics CT Series CT-100 Powered Subwoofer

Speaker selector:
2 Monster Cable SS4 Multi-Speaker Selector

Satellite Receiver:
DirecTV HDVR22-100 HDTV Satellite Receiver

4K UltraHD Blu-ray [4K UltraHD/3D/2D] (Blu-ray Audio/DVD/CD) Network Universal Player:
Panasonic DP-UB820 4K UltraHD Universal Region Free Blu-ray Player

Blu-ray [3D/2D] (Blu-ray Audio/DVD/DVD-A/SACD/CD) Network Universal Player:
Oppo Digital BDP-93 7.1CH Audio Universal Region Free BD/DVD Player

Blu-ray [3D/2D] (Blu-ray Audio/DVD/SACD/CD) Network Player & Game Station:
Sony PlayStation 3 60GB (First Original Edition)

HD DVD Player:
Toshiba A35 HD DVD/DVD Player

DVD (DVD-A/SACD/CD) Universal Player:
Oppo Digital DV-983H 1080p Up-Converting 7.1CH Audio Universal Region Free DVD Player

DVD/VCR/CD Player:
Samsung DVD-VR357 DVD & VCR Recorder

CD Player - Recorder/Cassette Player - Recorder Tape Deck:
Tascam CC-222MKIV Professional CD/MP3 Player - Recorder/Cassette Player - Recorder Deck

CD Player:
Onkyo C-7030 CD Single Disc (CD/MP3/FLAC/WMA) Player

CD Player:
Sony CDP-CX355 300 CD MegaStorage® Disc Changer Player

Tape Deck:
Sony TC-WE635 Dual Auto Reverse Stereo Cassette Player - Recorder Deck
Sony TC-WE425 Dual Auto Reverse Stereo Cassette Player - Recorder Deck

Equalizer:
Pioneer GR-470 7-band Stereo Graphic Equalizer
Teac EQA-220 10-band Stereo Graphic Equalizer with Spectrum Analyzer

HD Video/Wi-Fi Music/Internet Radio/Media/Stream Player:
Amazon Echo Show 5
Amazon Fire TV Stick 4K Ultra HD with Alexa Voice Remote Control

Headphones:
Sony MDR7506 Professional Over-ear Stereo Headphones
AtomicX S204 Bluetooth with Mic, APT-X Wireless Over-ear Stereo Headphones

External USB Hard Drive:
Toshiba Canvio Basics 4.0 TB USB 3.0/2.0 Portable External Hard Drive
Toshiba Canvio Basics 2.0 TB USB 3.0/2.0 Portable External Hard Drive

Power Supply Center/dB Display/Voice Control/Remote Control:
Technical Pro DB30 Professional 8 Outlet Power Supply/USB Charger with dB Display
Aoycocr WiFi Smart Plug - Voice Control/Remote Control
Monster MP AV200 Audio Video PowerCenter®
Monster MP HTS800 Plus Home Theater PowerCenter®
Witeem Power Strip - 12-Outlet Surge Protector - 4 USB Smart Charging Ports
Nekteck Power Strip - 12-Outlet Surge Protector - 2 USB Smart Charging Ports

Charging Station/USB Port:
Energizer PL-5328 Dual Charging Dock for PS3 Wireless Controller

Wireless Bridge/Access Point/Desktop LAN Ports Switch:
TP-LINK 8-Port Gigabit Desktop LAN Ports Switch

Home Theater/Bar Computer:
Laptop Acer Aspire S7-392-6411 Core i7 UltraBook with HDMI output

Tablet/Remote Control:
Apple iPad Air 32GB (3rd generation)

Remote Control:
Logitech Harmony® 880 Advanced Universal Remote

Regards,
CMM2mQ7ky2YMw.gif

Here is my system. The entertainment center (rack) is homebuilt from 80/20 aluminum extrusions and stained plywood.
From the top we have:
Dish satellite receiver.
Oppo UDP-203 Disc player.
Onkyo PR-SC5509 Processor.
BSS Blu-160 crossover / equalizer.
Monster HTS-2500 AC power controller.
Lexicon (Bryston) NT512 and NT225 Power amps.
The TV is a Sony 49 inch X900E.
On the left side of the rack I have a Sota Sapphire turntable. It's mostly hidden behind a piece of wood that's stained to match the CD storage bins.
The main speakers are my own homebuilt creations, 15" two way systems using JBL M2 components. Bi-amplified. The center speaker is a JBL SAM3HA and the surround speakers are JBL L20T3.
Everything else is CD storage area. This is the least amount of dog toy visible in any photo I have ever taken of my system.

system1.jpg

My favorite corner of my room...Left Front..autographed posters from my favorite groups, a glossy (oops!) poster from when you sent the negative to have it on a REAL poster, a shot from Joyuda in 1993..and of course , Stuart next to an awesome take on HAL 9001 I got in Little Machine brewery, Denver-it is a real work of art...
IMG_20200611_190425.jpg

My favorite corner of my room...Left Front..autographed posters from my favorite groups, a glossy (oops!) poster from when you sent the negative to have it on a REAL poster, a shot from Joyuda in 1993..and of course , Stuart next to an awesome take on HAL 9001 I got in Little Machine brewery, Denver-it is a real work of art...
View attachment 52472

What no Capucine wall art?:p

I’ve spent the lock down (so far!) designing and building the latest incarnation of my line level Hafler decoder. This one has the additional benefits of a rear channel volume control, adjustable delay time and a funky dynamic front panel LED display of the “width” of the recovered surround signal. It works very well with stereo classical recordings.

decoder1.JPG

decoder2.jpg

decoder4.JPG

decoder5.JPG

Got to find something else to do now...

I’ve spent the lock down (so far!) designing and building the latest incarnation of my line level Hafler decoder. This one has the additional benefits of a rear channel volume control, adjustable delay time and a funky dynamic front panel LED display of the “width” of the recovered surround signal. It works very well with stereo classical recordings.

View attachment 52488

View attachment 52489

View attachment 52490

View attachment 52491

Got to find something else to do now...
Beautiful looking project inside & out! And I bet it sounds as good as it looks. Although I'm a bit surprised you didn't do it with valves haha etc.

Some questions....
I see the power supply is on the left near the front of the case & your DIY decoder is next to it on the right. What is the component marked Lindy? And what are the 2 modules on the left towards the rear?

If it is a quad decoder why does it appear there are 6 outputs? And what exact decode coefficients did you use?

What is the switch for on the back?

Lastly tell me more how the separation display works. Cool!

Edit: Oh I see the Lindy is your adjustable delay:
https://www.lindy-international.com/Phono-Lip-Sync-Corrector.htm?websale8=ld0101.ld020102&pi=70449

Last edited:
Beautiful looking project inside & out! And I bet it sounds as good as it looks. Although I'm a bit surprised you didn't do it with valves haha etc.

Some questions....
I see the power supply is on the left near the front of the case & your DIY decoder is next to it on the right. What is the component marked Lindy? And what are the 2 modules on the left towards the rear?

If it is a quad decoder why does it appear there are 6 outputs? And what exact decode coefficients did you use?

What is the switch for on the back?

Lastly tell me more how the separation display works. Cool!

Thanks Sonik, I'm quite pleased how it turned out. Actually I did toy with the idea of a valve version (!) and may still do it one day - the thing that really puts me off is all the additional metalwork I'd have to do for mounting valve bases etc.
The Lindy box is a high quality digital delay module and offers preset delays from 0 to 250mS, here adjustable from the side of the case - it is normally intended for Lip Sync correction in audio-video systems. There are three PSUs - the low noise analogue one at the front provides the +/-12V rails to the decoder and there are two switch mode supplies (the black modules at the rear) that supply the 5V to the delay unit and 12V to the display. The display is essentially a differential VU meter - with a mono signal the display is blank, as the difference between the input channels increases the width of the bar increases from the centre.The switch on the back panel is the mains switch as I did't like the idea of taking mains the full length of the case and the front panel switch is actually just display on/off. The six outputs are stereo loop through, rear (L&R in phase) and rear (L&R out of phase).

going naked. full frontal and my rear

View attachment 54124
Mama, I’m taking a little Va Ca - I’ll bring my own popcorn 🍿 rum n’ coke, a stack of SSDs and I’ll find my own sweet spot thank you very much. :smokin
No No... no reason to thank me😊
“How long am I gonna be gone” you ask; uh, :unsure:

thank you !! Gear - Classe Omega Mono x 4, Classe CA-M600 for center. B&W 802D for front, the center is a B&W diamond rhino. Cant remember model, they discontinued it fairly quick. Prolly cuz its BIG. 803D on rears with Sound Anchors. The processor is Classe SSP-60. Its fully balanced plus 5.1 ANALOG. Love me 5.1 analog. Denon DBP-A100 for universal disc player ( had Denon 5910 ...loved it but it did not do Blu ). Yes, it has 5.1 analog output. Classe CDP-10 for cd's. A big fat 100 lb Furman to make everyone behave and enough money on cables to make Bill Low a rich man .

Last edited:
Back