Show us your gear!

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Rickie should be proud of me I brought the MQA CD player back in action.
@cbmmm3
Listening now to Hiromi, 5.1 Another Mind, it is a real good showcase for center channel action as the mix has all the solos in the center channel. I hate to say it it might even sound a hair better, probably placebo.
The real test for center channel though is dialog on movies/TV, especially with the Scottish. If you can hear a Scot then don't let anyone say you have a shitty center channel setup.

Bad chairs. Bad bad chairs. Completely obscures any sound from speakers behind you
My experience, I have two high back lounge chairs, probably not as high as post 1433.
The center of my listening is actually my right arm rest, through the help of Mitch Barnett, etc, all the music comes to me dead center.
I sit in the left chair, which is physically closer to the left rear surround. My wife in the right chair, she only cares about one speaker, the center cuz it's TV time.
I can say for a fact, because my rear right speaker although pointed behind my right ear, directly to my right ear, that if, my lounge chair is up, it deadens the sound of the rear right, so I always have to lower the lounge chair so the rear right speaker has no interference.

When me and my wife are watching TV shows, I don't care, MCH not that good with TV anyway.

My ring doorbell just went off, maybe Pyromania just arrived, I'll be back.

Yep, arrived but I just can't deal with it, Hiromi is good enough.
IMG_5546.jpg

@marpow
Markie
Killer set up and thank you for sharing the pictures. The pictures are a huge help to me as it will aid me in directing where you will position the Detroit Lions helmet this coming January.

And - please your thoughts on Pyromania, I am still on the fence on this one. And share with us how the new set up sounds too

I wish I could just leave well enough alone but with audio gear and cars I just have to keep fucking with it.
Old rack is out and new special McIntosh rack is in.
Pros, one unit on wheels, instead of 9 metal spike shelves.
A little taller, 6", a little wider 6".
It was very difficult to get in rear before, always afraid of collapsing a shelf, back breaking.
McIntosh glass panel lights up with trigger cable.
Cons, only thing is I am lowering my center speaker to a shelf, only one reason, it keeps me from raising TV up 6", I still might do?
So the top shelf will hold PC, DAC, 4K Apple and 4 channel amp. Basically the same minus the 12.5" tall center and replacing with 4.5" tall amp.
The power supply now instead of middle, to the right, power cables should still be OK?

The center speaker was perfect before, I hope I am not disappointed with where it is at, but if it has to go on top and raise TV on wall then so be it

Of course it is work in progress and only will be done when I like it.
Notice all the cables, I hate that part. Every cable, in's and out's marked.
View attachment 104827View attachment 104828
View attachment 104829View attachment 104830View attachment 104831
Fantastic Gear - Cables have to be fitted, Something that I find gets harder, as I get older.

Did you think I was going to stop the Home Theater upgrade on just the subwoofer? Nope.

This is just part 2 of the upgrade and Iā€™m uber excited, to have finally pull the trigger, long time coming, on Klipschā€™s flagships RF 7 III (LR) and RC 64 III (C).

These things all together weigh almost 150 kgsā€¦and they are almost my size, as you can see. My 3rd set of RL and 2nd of C. You can see the comparison with my previous RCL.

I can finally see/listen where the hype was at. No gimmick, no snake oil here. They are Klipschā€™s flagships for a reason. Demoing these with The Harmony Codex.

Your soundbar looks cute
šŸ™‚

After such a stressful week, this, as well as the support of my wife
šŸ™‚
, both have definitely been the silver linings of the black cloud.

WhatsApp Image 2024-05-04 at 12.05.47 PM-8.jpeg

WhatsApp Image 2024-05-04 at 12.05.47 PM-7.jpeg

WhatsApp Image 2024-05-04 at 12.05.47 PM-4.jpeg

WhatsApp Image 2024-05-04 at 12.05.47 PM-3.jpeg

WhatsApp Image 2024-05-04 at 12.05.47 PM-6.jpeg

WhatsApp Image 2024-05-04 at 12.05.47 PM-5.jpeg

WhatsApp Image 2024-05-04 at 12.05.47 PM.jpeg

WhatsApp Image 2024-05-04 at 12.05.47 PM-2.jpeg

Last edited:
This is just part 2 of the upgrade and Iā€™m uber excited, to have finally pull the trigger, long time coming, on Klipschā€™s flagships RF 7 III (LR) and RC 64 III (C).
They are beautiful beasts!!!

Demoing these with The Harmony Codex.
Great choice!!!
Did you try your old Front Left & Right speakers in your Surround Left & Right positions? I hope so!!!
I had to add two more RF 7iis to my setup for surrounds and Quad.

They are beautiful beasts!!!

Great choice!!!

Did you try your old Front Left & Right speakers in your Surround Left & Right positions? I hope so!!!
I had to add two more RF 7iis to my setup for surrounds and Quad.
Yeah I did try it.

Question for the audience.
After demoing them for about 40 mins the receiver (denon AVR 6700) turned off...and now a red light is blinking,
I just read that that's due the impedance, as a way to protect itself. The RL speakers are setup as small speakers, is that why?

Setting the speakers to small during setup doesnā€™t change impedance. It just allows you to configure the cross over settings for your low frequencies. Were you cranking it to concert levels? Iā€™d check for over heating of the amp. Make sure there is plenty of room for air flow around your amp. Also since youā€™ve just changed speakers, make sure that none of your speaker wires are shorting out.

Yeah I did try it.

Question for the audience.
After demoing them for about 40 mins the receiver (denon AVR 6700) turned off...and now a red light is blinking,
I just read that that's due the impedance, as a way to protect itself. The RL speakers are setup as small speakers, is that why?
I can't imagine that's why that happened. Though, I do have my Klipsch towers set to large if I recall.

I can't imagine that's why that happened. Though, I do have my Klipsch towers set to large if I recall.
I just switched them to large speakers. I'll eventually bi-amp the fronts with an external amp, specially for stereo stuff, though I was hoping I was good to run this 7.1.4 setup with an AVR, as it was just at 53 dBs.

Setting the speakers to small during setup doesnā€™t change impedance. It just allows you to configure the cross over settings for your low frequencies. Were you cranking it to concert levels? Iā€™d check for over heating of the amp. Make sure there is plenty of room for air flow around your amp. Also since youā€™ve just changed speakers, make sure that none of your speaker wires are shorting out.
Yeah that's why. Luckily I got the AC Infinity fan, so I just increased the fan speed, it was at 109F, and I just got it down to 93F ish.

Did you think I was going to stop the Home Theater upgrade on just the subwoofer? Nope.

These things all together weigh almost 150 kgsā€¦and they are almost my size, as you can see. My 3rd set of RL and 2nd of C. You can see the comparison with my previous RCL.

I can finally see/listen where the hype was at. No gimmick, no snake oil here. They are Klipschā€™s flagships for a reason. Demoing these with The Harmony Codex.

Your soundbar looks cute
šŸ™‚

After such a stressful week, this, as well as the support of my wife
šŸ™‚
, both have definitely been the silver linings of the black cloud.

View attachment 105116
View attachment 105117
View attachment 105118
View attachment 105119
View attachment 105120
View attachment 105121
View attachment 105122
View attachment 105123
Wow, that room is killer! And your center channel speaker is bigger than many people's floorstanders! It's hard to tell from the photograph but I'm guessing that the rear height speakers are aimed at the sweet spot, yes?

Wow, that room is killer! And your center channel speaker is bigger than many people's floorstanders! It's hard to tell from the photograph but I'm guessing that the rear height speakers are aimed at the sweet spot, yes?
Thanks, man!
Yeah, they all are aimed to the sweet spot. My next upgrade will be the ceiling/height speakers. From 6.5" to 8". And then I'll need an additional external amp.

Last edited:
Back