Simple Minds - "New Gold Dream" Super Deluxe Edition Coming this Summer?

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rtbluray

Hi-Res Moderator
Staff member
QQ Supporter
Just as I had thought, looks like we might be getting a super deluxe edition of "New Gold Dream" this year following on the deluxe editions of "Sparkle in the Rain" and "Once Upon A Time".

Preliminary amazon link: http://www.amazon.com/dp/B01E1BXMT4/

Like "Once Upon A Time", I'm predicting this will contain the 2005 surround mix originally released on the now OOP DVDA, so if we get the same release options as the last two Simple Minds reissues (DVDA in the box and a Blu-Ray release outside of the box) this will be a great way for those of us who missed out on the 2005 DVDA to get the surround mix without forking over a lot of our savings to do so!

:) :banana:

If they release a stand alone bluray I'm game, still haven't listened to the Sparkle In The Rain bluray disc, reminding me that I have no idea whether I've got the correct or incorrect version. Bought it late so I suppose it's the former.

If they release a stand alone bluray I'm game, still haven't listened to the Sparkle In The Rain bluray disc, reminding me that I have no idea whether I've got the correct or incorrect version. Bought it late so I suppose it's the former.

If/when you finally play the "Sparkle" Blu-Ray disc, you can use the screenshots in this thread to help determine if you have the correct or incorrect disc. I really hope you have the correct disc, just cause I hear a massive improvement between the two versions. :)

https://www.quadraphonicquad.com/fo...Minds-SPARKLE-IN-THE-RAIN-DVD-A-Blu-Ray-Audio

Ok so some of the current info is a little screwy, and it's not available to preorder yet either, but here's a very early amazon.co.uk listing for what looks like an HFPA Blu-Ray release of "New Gold Dream": http://www.amazon.co.uk/Simple-Minds-Dream-81-82-83-84-Blu-ray/dp/B01E6H639Y/

:)

Got this email today from Amazon UK

Your Amazon Alerts
Amazon.co.uk
Availability Alert
We're pleased to inform you that the item you have requested is now available to order from Amazon.co.uk. Please act quickly as there's no guarantee it will remain in stock for long.
DVD
Simple Minds: New Gold Dream (81-82-83-84) [Blu-ray]
Simple Minds: New Gold Dream (81-82-83-84) [Blu-ray]

Pre-order Price Guarantee! Order now and if the Amazon.co.uk price decreases between your order time and release date, you'll receive the lowest price.
Availability: This title will be released on July 29, 2016. Pre-order now. Dispatched from and sold by Amazon.co.uk.
Price: £19.99

Just as I had thought, looks like we might be getting a super deluxe edition of "New Gold Dream" this year following on the deluxe editions of "Sparkle in the Rain" and "Once Upon A Time".

Preliminary amazon link: http://www.amazon.com/dp/B01E1BXMT4/

Like "Once Upon A Time", I'm predicting this will contain the 2005 surround mix originally released on the now OOP DVDA, so if we get the same release options as the last two Simple Minds reissues (DVDA in the box and a Blu-Ray release outside of the box) this will be a great way for those of us who missed out on the 2005 DVDA to get the surround mix without forking over a lot of our savings to do so!

:) :banana:

Any reason the get the standalone BD if I have the DVD-A or do we know.

The best reason I know of is you can probably sell the dvd-audio to someone who doesn't know about the upcoming Blu-ray, for good money.

After subtracting VAT and adding shipping, it's at about 34GBP ($50 us), I pre-ordered as of course it may go down but also I can cancel any time.

51RBOoDnc1L.jpg

After subtracting VAT and adding shipping, it's at about 34GBP ($50 us), I pre-ordered as of course it may go down but also I can cancel any time.
What's the link for this. I can't find it on amazon.uk by doing a search.

AFAIK, a full track listing is not available yet for the box set, but here's a new description posted on the amazon.co.uk page:
"Originally released in 1982, ‘New Gold Dream (81-82-83-84)’ was Simple Minds’ fifth studio album and their crossover – the one that took them from revered cult status to a chart band with hit singles. Featuring the singles ‘Promised You A Miracle’, ‘Glittering Prize’ and ‘Someone, Somewhere (In Summertime)’, it turned the band into a major force in pop music, spending a full year on the UK album chart.
This stunning new deluxe box set consists of six discs including an Abbey Road remaster of the original album and a swathe of remixes, 12” versions, radio edits and an entire disc of previously unreleased John Peel and Kid Jensen radio sessions, recorded in 1982. The set is completed by a DVD, featuring the 2005 5:1 Mix of the album by Charlie Burchill and Ronald Prent as well as promo videos and, being made available commercially for the first time, Top Of The Pops performances of ‘Promised You A Miracle’ and ‘Glittering Prize.’ It also includes a 36-page booklet with extensive sleeve notes by journalist and broadcaster, Billy Sloan including new interviews with Jim Kerr and Charlie Burchill, as well as photos of the band during the period. "

Now like the other Simple Minds releases, I'll probably stick with buying just the Blu-Ray, but these Simple Minds box sets (along with the "Songs from the Big Chair" set from Tears for Fears and the recent "Journey to the Center of the Earth" set from Rick Wakeman) are textbook examples of how to put together an effective box set for any given album.
There's not a lot of useless paraphernalia, there's usually good and informative liner notes, lots of bonus tracks, no vinyl, and a high-res surround sound DVD-A/V disc to boot! The world would be a better place if all box set releases were like these! :)

Some new information has come to light!

First off, the good news. Here's the full track listing for the Box Set:

CD #1: Original Album

Someone Somewhere In Summertime
Colours Fly And Catherine Wheel
Promised You A Miracle
Big Sleep
Somebody Up There Likes You
NewGoldDream (81,82,83,84)
Glittering Prize
Hunter And The Hunted
King Is White And In The Crowd

CD #2: Extended Versions
Promised You A Miracle [Extended] (from Promised You A Miracle 12″ single)
Seeing Out The Angel [Instrumental Remix] (from Promised You A Miracle 12″ single)
Promised You A Miracle [US Remix] (from Promised You A Miracle American 12″ single)
Promised You A Miracle [US Dub] (from Promised You A Miracle American 12″ single) First time on CD.
Promised You A Miracle [US Special Extended Remix] (from Promised You A Miracle American Promo 12″ single) First time on CD.
Glittering Prize [Club Mix] (from Glittering Prize 12″ single)
Glittering Prize [Extended Theme] (from Glittering Prize 12″ single)
Someone Somewhere In Summertime [Extended] (from Someone Somewhere In Summertime 12″ single)
NewGoldDream (81,82,83,84) [German 12″ Remix] (from NewGoldDream German CD issue of album. Later released on 12″ singles.)
King Is White And In The Crowd [Instrumental] (unedited and restored mix originally released with a Touch Tape magazine). First time on CD.
NewGoldDream (81,82,83,84) [German 12″ Remix With Drums] (from X5 compilation)
In Every Heaven (from X5 compilation)

CD #3: Edits And B-Sides
Promised You A Miracle [Edit] (from Promised You A Miracle 7″ single)
Theme For Great Cities (from Promised You A Miracle 7″ single)
Glittering Prize [Edit] (from Glittering Prize 7″ single)
Glittering Prize [Theme] (from Glittering Prize 7″ single) First time on CD.
Someone Somewhere In Summertime [Edit] (from Someone Somewhere In Summertime Promo 7″ single) First time on CD.
Soundtrack For Every Heaven (from Someone Somewhere In Summertime 12″ single)
NewGoldDream (81,82,83,84) [7″ Mix] (from NewGoldDream Italian 7″ single)

CD #4: Radio Sessions
Promised You A Miracle [Kid Jensen Session]
In Trance As Mission [Kid Jensen Session]
King Is White and In The Crowd [Kid Jensen Session] (from Someone Somewhere In Summertime 12″ single)
Promised You A Miracle [John Peel Session] First time on CD
Love Song [John Peel Session] First time on CD
Sons And Fascination [John Peel Session] First time on CD
King Is White And In The Crowd [John Peel Session] First time on CD
Someone Somewhere In Summertime [Kid Jensen Session]
Glittering Prize [Kid Jensen Session]
Hunter And The Hunted [Kid Jensen Session]

CD #5: Alternative Mixes, Roughs And Demos
Someone Somewhere In Summertime [Full Duration] Previously unreleased. First time on CD.
Colours Fly And Catherine Wheel [Full Duration Instrumental] Previously unreleased. First time on CD.
Promised You A Miracle [Remix For Album: Long] Previously unreleased. First time on CD.
Big Sleep [Instrumental] Previously unreleased. First time on CD.
In Every Heaven [Full Duration] Previously unreleased. First time on CD.
Somebody Up There Likes You [Full Duration Instrumental] Previously unreleased. First time on CD.
NewGoldDream (81,82,83,84) [Full Duration] Previously unreleased. First time on CD.
Hunter And The Hunted [Alternative Take] Previously unreleased. First time on CD.
King Is White And In The Crowd [Monitor Mix] Previously unreleased. First time on CD.
In Every Heaven [Early Version] Previously unreleased. First time on CD.

DVD: 5:1 Mix And Videos
Someone Somewhere In Summertime [5:1 Mixes]
Colours Fly And Catherine Wheel [5:1 Mixes]
Promised You A Miracle [5:1 Mixes]
Big Sleep [5:1 Mixes]
Somebody Up There Likes You [5:1 Mixes]
NewGoldDream (81,82,83,84) [5:1 Mixes]
Glittering Prize [5:1 Mixes]
Hunter And The Hunted [5:1 Mixes]
King Is White And In The Crowd [5:1 Mixes]
In Every Heaven [5:1 Mixes]
Promised You A Miracle [Promo Video]
Glittering Prize [Promo Video]
Promised You A Miracle [Top Of The Pops] First time commercially released.
Glittering Prize [Top Of The Pops] First time commercially released.

Bad news, Paul Sinclair has shared with his readers on SuperDeluxeEdition.com that the DVD is just a DVD-V disc this time, not DVD-A/V like the previous two sets.
:(

However, for those who still crave high-res audio (like me), there is the Blu-Ray audio disc, so we still get high-res one way or another.

http://www.superdeluxeedition.com/n...-dream-six-disc-super-deluxe-edition-box-set/

Preorders available on the Official Simple Minds Webstore: http://simplemindsshop.com/NEW-GOLD-DREAM-PREORDERS/

New-Gold-Dream-Exploded.jpg

Back