Simply random stuff

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
My rhododendrons have absolutely exploded:

IMG_1618.jpeg

IMG_1621.jpeg

I've also got lots of volunteer foxglove:

IMG_1620.jpeg

IMG_1619.jpeg

We've been having mostly sunny weather here in PDX, but got some rain earlier this week, which must have done the trick to bring out the blooms in full force.

I Hate To Break It To You But If You Recognize Any Of These 32 Pictures You Are Officially Old​

I don't make the rules. It's just the truth.
https://www.buzzfeed.com/daves4/how-to-tell-if-youre-old-list-gd
Well hell. I already knew that I was old. But I never had any Fisher-Price toys.
Neither did I, Boonie. But we still have some of the things on that list: the Corningware (will last forever), the rattan dish holders, and I still have one or two of those film canisters filled with small nails.

Neither did I, Boonie. But we still have some of the things on that list: the Corningware (will last forever), the rattan dish holders, and I still have one or two of those film canisters filled with small nails.
I have film cans with salt and pepper shaker lids we still use when we camp. But the phone in the list was probably a very late generation wall phone. I have actually used hand-crank phones, and push-buttons cost more than dials when I got mynown phone for the first time.

Anyone remember "party lines"? My Aunt and Uncle were on the same party line as us. You had to dial the number, hang up, wait for the phone to stop ringing then pick up again. lol. You could eavesdrop on someone else on the party line just by picking up the phone I suppose.
Totally remember. I remember feeling sort of "naughty" if I would pick up the line and hear another conversation. Just a weird thing.

Anyone remember "party lines"? My Aunt and Uncle were on the same party line as us. You had to dial the number, hang up, wait for the phone to stop ringing then pick up again. lol. You could eavesdrop on someone else on the party line just by picking up the phone I suppose.
my parents had a party line up until 1988. they lived in a very rural area. they had the solid ring tone. kenny and betty down the road had the double ring tone

I remember my grandparents had a party line, and it was weird when they didn’t answer the phone when it rang.

I picture someone younger being shocked at the apparent lack of privacy with the old fashioned party line while the modern seemingly personal private communications can be infinitely more public. That was just one or a handful of potential eavesdroppers back then. Now it's recorded and saved in a data center.

Back