Simply random stuff

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Looking for an assist in locating a clean copy of “The McCartney Years”. This is a 3 disc DVD with decent DTS 5.1 sound. My current copy plays fine with disc 1 & 2. Disc 3 plays fine until track 6 under the Glastonbury concert. It hangs there and I’ve tried it in both my Oppo 103 and my Sony UBP-X800. I even ordered a new copy off of Amazon and found none of the three disc would play on either of my machines. My players are fine as I continue to use them as always. Any suggestions would be appreciated. Thanks
I believe I've read of play issues with this set. It seems there was a manufacturing error with these DVDs leading to a loss of playability over time for many copies. Your best bet is to see if you can rip disc 3 to a disc image using a computer optical drive, as sometimes those can read what players cannot, and burn a new copy.

I believe I've read of play issues with this set. It seems there was a manufacturing error with these DVDs leading to a loss of playability over time for many copies. Your best bet is to see if you can rip disc 3 to a disc image using a computer optical drive, as sometimes those can read what players cannot, and burn a new copy.
Thanks, I hadn’t considered that. Given the new set I purchased last week and immediately returned to Amazon because none of the disc would register with either of my players may indicate a bigger problem.

In celebration of the surround release of Joni Mitchell's "Court and Spark" I decided yesterday afternoon to head ever to the beach in Malibu with the CD playing at a nice volume in the car. I had fixed a good size sandwich with smoked turkey, swiss, lettuce, tomato an a dab of mayo. Thinking that a mellow Tues afternoon would be quite tranquil and serene. But as soon as I got out of the car in the near empty parking lot it seems that the seagulls had spotted my sandwich and began blocking me from the beach entrance until I gave up nearly half of my sandwich to them in bite sized pieces.

It was still a nice afternoon watching the sunset. But this is what it looked like yesterday on arrival in afternoon.

In celebration of the surround release of Joni Mitchell's "Court and Spark" I decided yesterday afternoon to head ever to the beach in Malibu with the CD playing at a nice volume in the car. I had fixed a good size sandwich with smoked turkey, swiss, lettuce, tomato an a dab of mayo. Thinking that a mellow Tues afternoon would be quite tranquil and serene. But as soon as I got out of the car in the near empty parking lot it seems that the seagulls had spotted my sandwich and began blocking me from the beach entrance until I gave up nearly half of my sandwich to them in bite sized pieces.

It was still a nice afternoon watching the sunset. But this is what it looked like yesterday on arrival in afternoon.

Absolutely beautiful!

I think this is the first time a video game has given me Stockholm Syndrome...I absolutely hated the experience the entire way through but in retrospect it was awesome...now I'm inclined to try the sequel... 😭

I think this is the first time a video game has given me Stockholm Syndrome...I absolutely hated the experience the entire way through but in retrospect it was awesome...now I'm inclined to try the sequel... 😭
No disrespect meant to gamers. To me it's just a waste of time. I prefer living real life. Color me...old I guess, if you will. :)

No disrespect meant to gamers. To me it's just a waste of time. I prefer living real life. Color me...old I guess, if you will. :)
Honestly, I don't game very often, much for the same reason. I only pick it up as an alternative to music or films, and that too I NEED one of those story-based games. Those multiplayer shooters completely elude my interest.

If you mess up a certain number of tracks, you can add a CD of outtakes to your next album and charge ridiculous money...just like they do for the big box sets. ;)
There's no CD on this album because of cost and the fact that there's a good chance the final edit of the album will be over 80 minutes...but I could stick it on the DVD if I tried hard enough...

I'll probably be fighting for my life to keep the MLP stream 24/96.

Last edited:
There's no CD on this album because of cost and the fact that there's a good chance the final edit of the album will be over 80 minutes...but I could stick it on the DVD if I tried hard enough...

I'll probably be fighting for my life to keep the MLP stream 24/96.
Double layer? I don't remember offhand how much 24/96 5.1 a single layer disc will hold. Could look it up I guess...but you're probably already aware.

Back