SONY Unveils First Wave of Blu-Ray Pure Audio Releases!!

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Warner may well surprise us.. but if the Universal and Sony titles are anything to go by, Warners 1st wave will more than likely include the usual suspects (FM's Rumours, Hotel California, Linda Ronstadt/What's New, DF's Nightfly, Doobie's Captain & Me...)..

I'd dearly love them to go out on a limb and get some of their previously unreleased 5.1's out (a la Moondance..)..things like:

Jean Luc-Ponty's Cosmic Messenger,
Rod Stewart's A Night On The Town,
CSN&Y's Deja Vu,
The Cars,
Madonna's Music & GHV2,
Joni Mitchell's Blue,
Deep Purple's Burn,
Chicago X,
The Best Of Bread,
Paul Simon's Graceland,
Stephen Stills' Solo Debut LP,
Fleetwood Mac '75 album..

..the list is not inconsiderable..!!

CSNY's 4 Way Street would be good too.......and as far as Sony's concerned i'd add Aerosmith's Toys In The Attic w/the 5.1 mix from the SACD.

CSNY's 4 Way Street would be good too.......and as far as Sony's concerned i'd add Aerosmith's Toys In The Attic w/the 5.1 mix from the SACD.

That being a great idea, the band (well, at least GN), do not like 4 Way Street, and in fact a new live release from 1974 is allegedly on its way this year (hopefully sooner than later), and would it not be a great idea to have GN mix THAT for 5.1 BluRay release!

FROM ROLLING STONE:

Whether or not CSNY hits the road next year, Crosby is convinced that the long-awaited box set from their 1974 reunion tour will finally come out. "It should come out in March or April, something like that," he says. "It got pushed back for good reason. We're gonna put a DVD with it. We have pieces from about eight separate shows." There is a complete film of their tour-closing marathon show at London's Wembley Stadium, but don't expect that to make it onto the package. "Nope," says Crosby. "We were a little too jittery that night."

Read more: http://www.rollingstone.com/music/n...csny-1974-live-package-20131107#ixzz2tK9eigXs
Follow us: @rollingstone on Twitter | RollingStone on Facebook

No doubt I sound like a broken record, bur Graceland is no longer being pressed by WEA. Paul Simon's back catalog has been on Sony Legacy for two years. They would be the ones to put out the 5.1.

Jon, I had also heard about CSNY live '74 material being readied for release. Perhaps their unreleased Human Highway album recorded in June/July '74 could be released, too.
cover600.jpg

No doubt I sound like a broken record, bur Graceland is no longer being pressed by WEA. Paul Simon's back catalog has been on Sony Legacy for two years. They would be the ones to put out the 5.1.

Jon, I had also heard about CSNY live '74 material being readied for release. Perhaps their unreleased Human Highway album recorded in June/July '74 could be released, too.
View attachment 12942

ANY DATES ANNOUNCED FOR THE SONY BLU RAY DISCS?

ANY DATES FOR THE WARNER RELEASES ?

I guarantee Pearl Jam's Ten will be the horrible remaster(redux). I would LOVE a 5.1 version of this.

Once again, I'm pleased to hear that others are coming on board with this format, but I will only be HAPPY if this means the release of new surround mixes that are well-done....not buying any more of these stereo-only releases on blu-ray.

Once again, I'm pleased to hear that others are coming on board with this format, but I will only be HAPPY if this means the release of new surround mixes that are well-done....not buying any more of these stereo-only releases on blu-ray.

I just ordered from ebay the sony blu-ray disc. mozart and viedi . i'll let you know how it sounds and what information they provide.

Straight up with a twist - very dry! Ketel One (from the freezer) in a frosted glass.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I've been a big fan of martinis since the mid 1970's (I'll be 63 tomorrow). My grand uncles and aunts enjoyed them back in the 1920s (and some of them drank them into the 1990's). My wife and I will split a shaker full tomorrow night. My recipe is fill a shaker with ice, add 6 oz. Tanqueray gin, 1 oz. Martini & Rossi extra dry vermouth and shake until the shaker gets frosty on the outside and then pour into 2 martini glasses with an olive in each. I don't recommend driving after one of these, I do recommend listening to a good surround sound disc.

Those up-coming Sony titles? I'll probably buy them all. Enjoy life while you're alive is my mantra. Cheers!

What is meant by extra dry and is that how the hit single How Dry I Am came about?

Tusk would be nice...

I second this BIG TIME! Wasn't it rumored (no pun intended:)) that both Tusk and the 1975 FM's "White" (untitled) discs had their respective 5.1 mixes essentially done, but then never released as the market just never took off as WB had hoped?

If anyone from WB is listening, please, please, please include either or both of these for a Blu-ray 5.1 surround release! I can only dream now of hearing "Sara" in 5.1 (my favorite FM song) :D ...

And weren't Heart's "Dreamboat Annie" and Supertramp's "Breakfast in America" at least at one point announced for a 5.1 DVD-Audio release (that also never happened)? Or are these discs now covered by another company? I can never keep track... :rolleyes:

I know BiA was released in the Hi-Rez format, but as it was only stereo, I just can't be that interested...give me 5.1, and I'd buy it in a second!

Well, as long as it's not part of an overpriced "Deluxe" package (a la Aqualung or Moondance) that includes a bunch of other stuff I don't want..

Jon

What is meant by extra dry and is that how the hit single How Dry I Am came about?

Not sure why extra dry other than to distinguish it from sweet vermouth. I think the song How Dry I Am has more to do with being dry from not drinking. Dry states and counties were (and some still are) places where alcoholic beverages are not sold. My wife just got home and wants a martini now, and I agree. Cheers and good evening to all at qq.com.

Jon I have a rather nice BiA Dual Disc which has a nice 5.1 Hi Rez mix on it.

BiA.. hmm..

Breakfast In America = 2.0 Hi-Rez on HFPA Blu-ray Audio & Jap SHM-SACD (different masterings AFAIK)

Brothers In Arms = 2.0 on SACD (new)

Brothers In Arms = 5.1 (Up-Rezzed?) on both SACD & DVDA DualDisc (same)

:)

I second this BIG TIME! Wasn't it rumored (no pun intended:)) that both Tusk and the 1975 FM's "White" (untitled) discs had their respective 5.1 mixes essentially done, but then never released as the market just never took off as WB had hoped?

If anyone from WB is listening, please, please, please include either or both of these for a Blu-ray 5.1 surround release! I can only dream now of hearing "Sara" in 5.1 (my favorite FM song) :D ...

And weren't Heart's "Dreamboat Annie" and Supertramp's "Breakfast in America" at least at one point announced for a 5.1 DVD-Audio release (that also never happened)? Or are these discs now covered by another company? I can never keep track... :rolleyes:

I know BiA was released in the Hi-Rez format, but as it was only stereo, I just can't be that interested...give me 5.1, and I'd buy it in a second!

Well, as long as it's not part of an overpriced "Deluxe" package (a la Aqualung or Moondance) that includes a bunch of other stuff I don't want..

Jon

AFAIK the rumours go that Elliot Scheiner remixed Fleetwood Mac's 1975 album & Tusk into 5.1, plus more Eagles stuff.. Dreamboat Annie was on a Warners DVDA upcoming release list, together with Rod Stewart's A Night On The Town, Jean-Luc Ponty's Cosmic Messenger, Joni Mitchell's Blue, The Cars.. a whole load of stuff that never made it.. I could weep!

Breakfast In America I never saw up as a DVDA or Surround SACD pre-order (never heard rumours of it receiving the 5.1 treatment IIRC) but if there is a surround mix and there could well be, then it feels we've missed the boat thru too many reissues, Deluxe Editions, Blu-ray Audio's the lot, it's been done to death sadly and never given the TLC it deserves imho its a stonker of an album. FWIW, getting Breakfast in America out in 5.1 would fall to Universal.. and I don't have a lot of faith in them these days, too many HFPA screw ups for my liking.

AFAIK the rumours go that Elliot Scheiner remixed Fleetwood Mac's 1975 album & Tusk into 5.1, plus more Eagles stuff.. Dreamboat Annie was on a Warners DVDA upcoming release list, together with Rod Stewart's A Night On The Town, Jean-Luc Ponty's Cosmic Messenger, Joni Mitchell's Blue, The Cars.. a whole load of stuff that never made it.. I could weep!

Breakfast In America I never saw up as a DVDA or Surround SACD pre-order (never heard rumours of it receiving the 5.1 treatment IIRC) but if there is a surround mix and there could well be, then it feels we've missed the boat thru too many reissues, Deluxe Editions, Blu-ray Audio's the lot, it's been done to death sadly and never given the TLC it deserves imho its a stonker of an album. FWIW, getting Breakfast in America out in 5.1 would fall to Universal.. and I don't have a lot of faith in them these days, too many HFPA screw ups for my liking.

I read this thread whenever I feel like really depressing myself....

http://forums.stevehoffman.tv/threads/upcoming-dvd-audio-titles.616/

Jon

QQ discussion on Tusk etc in 5.1, with confirmation unreleased FM surround mixes, agonisingly all done and ready to go..

https://www.quadraphonicquad.com/forums/showthread.php?15374-Unreleased-Fleetwood-Mac-5-1-mixes

Back