"Sparkle in the Rain" Separating Fact from Fiction

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
A bit cheeky, but if anyone in the UK gets the corrected DVD-A in error (and doesn't have to return it) and then the corrected BD, would they fancy sending the DVD-A my way?

10 out of 10 for effort! You don't ask you don't get! :D
(I've got a stack full of test discs if you fancy tearing your hair out over the next fortnight with all the ch-ch-ch-changes..)

(I've got a stack full of test discs if you fancy tearing your hair out over the next fortnight with all the ch-ch-ch-changes..)

Well I do have a fine head of hair...

I've also got a good head of hair too, although a few have been greying these past few years... ;)

Rub it in why dontchya! :D
(mine went to the salon called "Curl Up And Dye")
Grey is distinguished btw not extinguished!
(that's my story and I'm sticking to it!)

image.jpg

Has anyone that got the DVD by mistake compared the audio tracks? Maybe my head is clogged up, but the MLP track has a very distant and muddy vocal just like the bad Bluray, whereas the DTS and Dolby Digital tracks have a nice clear vocal at a good level. :confused:

Has anyone that got the DVD by mistake compared the audio tracks? Maybe my head is clogged up, but the MLP track has a very distant and muddy vocal just like the bad Bluray, whereas the DTS and Dolby Digital tracks have a nice clear vocal at a good level. :confused:

Check the stereo mix to make sure it's actually stereo, and that will tell you whether or not you've got a good disc.
As for the difference between the MLP, DTS, and Dolby Digital, it could have to do with the way your player and receiver is decoding the information.

Amazon UK were very helpful, I have got a refund. I don't think I'm going to buy it elsewhere after having listened to it though.

third time was the charm - the Blu-Ray replacement arrived yesterday!
In retrospect, I made out in the end. Now I have the DVD & Blue-Ray + Booklet.

C'mon Fred keep yer chin up and email them again.
I got my corrected disc a couple weeks ago and it is very good imo.

Back