Steven Wilson remixing David Gilmour's first solo LP?

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
This can be a consolation price for SW, not being able to get to remix the main PF catalogue. I can't just but hope that after David's two solo albums, he's approached but Rick's state. Can you imagine Wet Dream and Broken China in Atmos?
Wet Dream was just announced by SW. Perhaps he may do the early Gilmour also?

Gilmour's first solo record is by far my favorite of all the PF solo records and have been hoping for an SW treatment since this thread began. And I'll continue to keep hoping. Just ordered Wet Dream, having never even heard it. I was aware of it back then, but for some reason, never made the effort to listen to it. After a YouTube audition, I think it's going to be one of those records for me that didn't much move the needle in stereo, but comes alive in surround.

FYI, this was posted on SHF.

Sadly, Steven has put a big damper on the rumours about him remixing David's solo debut. He was explicitly asked in the new eclipsed issue and said (roughly translated by me) "No, I won't. I have a few multitracks, which David kindly gave me, so I can play around with them a bit".

Sadly, Steven has put a big damper on the rumours about him remixing David's solo debut. He was explicitly asked in the new eclipsed issue and said (roughly translated by me) "No, I won't. I have a few multitracks, which David kindly gave me, so I can play around with them a bit".
How sad. I can see that it might be hard to create a great surround mix from a 3 piece band but Iā€™d be happy with a good one.

Small world ;)
How sad. I can see that it might be hard to create a great surround mix from a 3 piece band but Iā€™d be happy with a good one.
I'm pretty sure there's a bit more than just three tracks on the songs. David played several guitar parts as well as keyboards on most songs.

That still leaves loads of room for blind speculation and feverish hope :D. After all, why would DG give SW some tracks to 'play' with? We know that DG is very surround friendly and having Rick's album in surround can't help but make it seem a more likely prospect that others will follow.

Back