• QuadraphonicQuad welcomes you and encourages your participation! Treat all members with respect. Please keep all discussions civil, even when you have a strong opinion on a particular topic.

Do not offer for free, offer for sale, offer for trade, or request copies or files of copyrighted material - no matter how rare or unavailable to the public they might be. We do not condone the illegal sharing of music. There are many places on the internet where you can participate in such transactions, but QuadraphonicQuad is not one of them. We are here to encourage and support new multichannel releases from those companies that still provide them and as such the distribution of illegal copies of recordings is counter-productive to that effort. Any posts of this sort will be deleted without notification.

Please try to avoid discussions that pit one format against another. Hint for new users: make liberal use of the search facilities here at QuadraphonicQuad. Our message base is an incredibly rich resource of detailed information on virtually all topics pertaining to surround-sound. You will be surprised at what you can find with a little digging!

Steven Wilson working on 5.1 mixes of Tangerine Dream's "Phaedra" and "Ricochet"

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

albertop

QQ Supporter
I have the feeling the remasters of the studio albums are very well done, but I’m not familiar with the old CDs. I own some of the 95 remasters. What do you guys think of these new stereo remasters?

SHB

Thanks for the update. This sucks. I could be wrong but when this was announced, didn’t Steven Wilson say this is where it can be ordered from and it’s limited edition. Me, an anxious sort when it comes to 5.1, didn’t hesitate to pre-order from them. I think I ordered on April 14th. I figured they would be the first outlet to ship them. Dang! Only saving grace is I am behind and still have the KC remixes to listen to and good old burning shed dispatched the Eddie Jobson reissue. I know it’s only remixed in stereo but I never owned any of his solo stuff.

Muppet69

Is there any chance that these will be released as stand alone bd’s? That’s what I’d like because I’m not very familiar with the band and I really don’t want to spend a small fortune on a big box to find out it’s not my cuppa.

Suffolk David

Is there any chance that these will be released as stand alone bd’s? That’s what I’d like because I’m not very familiar with the band and I really don’t want to spend a small fortune on a big box to find out it’s not my cuppa.
I’m the same as you, I can’t justify the outlay; however standalone CDs from the box set have been released, some with Steven Wilson remixes or bonus tracks (where applicable) and they’re only £5.99, if you’re in the UK HMV have them at 2 for £10. So I’m making do with Phaedra, Rubycon and Ricochet in Stereo for now ( although they sound great in Dolby PLII)

Burning shed link for Ricochet:

Muppet69

I’m the same as you, I can’t justify the outlay; however standalone CDs from the box set have been released, some with Steven Wilson remixes or bonus tracks (where applicable) and they’re only £5.99, if you’re in the UK HMV have them at 2 for £10. So I’m making do with Phaedra, Rubycon and Ricochet in Stereo for now ( although they sound great in Dolby PLII)

Burning shed link for Ricochet:

View attachment 41364
I was actually in HMV in England on holiday last week and almost picked these up but decided to hold off in case the bd’s are sold separately. Kind of kicking myself now

warp2600

phaedra is not what I EXPECTED. :sleep:
I will give it one more test on the 5.2.4 system at full throttle.
Same with me. The 5.1 mix of the title track did not blow me away. Oddly, I liked his stereo mix on the CD though.
The 5.1 mix of Sequent C' is fabulous.
Also, Ricochet 5.1 and Oedipus 5.1 are stellar.

colman

Thanks for the update. This sucks. I could be wrong but when this was announced, didn’t Steven Wilson say this is where it can be ordered from and it’s limited edition. Me, an anxious sort when it comes to 5.1, didn’t hesitate to pre-order from them. I think I ordered on April 14th. I figured they would be the first outlet to ship them. Dang!...
Here is the email I just got from MusicVaultz after another inquiry:

“Unfortunately there has been a further delay in receiving your order from the supplier.

We appreciate this is frustrating and can only apologise.

If you no longer wish to wait for this item please let us know and we can cancel this order for you.

We apologise for any inconvenience caused.

If we can be of any further assistance please do not hesitate to contact us.

Kind regards,
Millie
Digital stores Customer Service”

Since they don’t say when they expect product to be available, anyone know what’s the best place to get this set shipped to Canada at a decent price? (this order was around $215 Canadian, and Amazon Canada wants nearly $500 now)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

privateuniverse

1K Club - QQ Shooting Star
Looks like it is currently sold out at all the usual places. I guess Virgin didn't press enough copies on the original run to satisfy demand.

In a recent e-mail I had from Burning Shed, they said that a second run was forthcoming. Their website has a release date of August 9th.

Cheezmo

400 Club - QQ All-Star
My "2nd pressing" copy arrived from Amazon UK last week. The outer box was beat to hell and almost to the point where the inner box (which was in perfect condition) could have fallen right out of it. That is was happened to my first copy according the the UPS tracking that said something to the effect of "outer box with shipping label received, contents missing, package discarded". Amazon did refund me but I had to repurchase at a little higher price. Now to find 15 hours to listen to this!

Muppet69

I was browsing through TubiTV on my Roku looking for something to watch and stumbled on TD live in Coventry Cathedral in 1975. I’ve no idea what version it is because I’ve never seen it before but it seems to be a mix of old footage and new stills/video in and around the cathedral. I only watched a couple of minutes because I wanted to be in the mood for it. I’d imagine that there’s going to be a few adverts in it because it’s entirely free but that’s fine. If you don’t have TubiTV you can download the Tubi app to smart TVs, iPhones etc. Found tons of music documentaries on there too. Enjoy.

boondocks

1K Club - QQ Shooting Star
I was browsing through TubiTV on my Roku looking for something to watch and stumbled on TD live in Coventry Cathedral in 1975. I’ve no idea what version it is because I’ve never seen it before but it seems to be a mix of old footage and new stills/video in and around the cathedral. I only watched a couple of minutes because I wanted to be in the mood for it. I’d imagine that there’s going to be a few adverts in it because it’s entirely free but that’s fine. If you don’t have TubiTV you can download the Tubi app to smart TVs, iPhones etc. Found tons of music documentaries on there too. Enjoy.
I have a DVDV of that, it's stereo though. Now, there is a newer TD DVDV (since Edgar passed) called Live At Augusta Raurica Switzerland 2016 or something similar. It's a DD 5.1 and came out last year.
EDIT: I meant to add that a really good concert was Rocking Out The Bats - Live at the Citadel Spandau in I think 2009. It's a DVDV DD 5.1 and it's PAL.

Group builder