• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Quadraphonic Quad and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

Still seeking Queensryche DVDA

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

GabeL

1K Club - QQ Shooting Star
Hi again, I'm still trying to find a copy of Queensryche's Empire on DVDA. Used or new it doesn't matter so long as the price is right;)

I don't have any great traders at this time, so a purchase would be preferred.

Thanks.

I'ms till a newbie here, but here's my advice :

Don't spend too much on QR'S Empire DVD-A.

The cheapest the best.

You know, I'm going to revisit this one tonight after work. While it is a great disc, musically, I always thought the mix was less than stellar, to say the least. Now that my system has completely changed (for the better), the listening will be "new" and hopefully MUCH better. Thank you.

I have to admit that the DVD-A has one GREAT feature.
The new stereo mix is crystal clear, punchy as hell, better than the original CD mix which is already a great mixwork.
The basses pound and clang louder than the 1990 CD and vinyl - and that was quite an achievement.

But I'm really looking forward to read your revised opinion about the surround mix ;-)

Cool to hear your thoughts...and yes, I don't want to spend too much $$ on this one. I've seen that the reviews are generally good on this one so I'm curious, but I'm not a huge fan or anything.

Hello again, So, I was anxious to re-visit this. Popped it in the BDP-83, and away we went. My memory was jogged as I listened to an almost non-existent 5.1 mix. Nothing really discrete about it. Rears mainly reverb and ambiance. IF THAT. Bass was decent out of the sub. Drums were weak. Your ears may hear diffferent! This is one of the great rock albums. Oh, what could have been. Ugh. Thank you.

Back