Sting "Bring on the Night" DVD (Finally!)

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
dprokopy said:
Obviously. :rolleyes:

Well I picked it up yesterday, but have yet to take it for a "spin" yet. I did notice it has a DTS track, which is a good sign.

And I noticed that it's supposed to be Anamorphic WS, which is also a good sign. I've picked it up (for $9.99 -- cheap!), but haven't had a chance to sample it yet.

Well, I watched it the other night. About as good as I'd remembered it being. If you can look past the somewhat-staged feel of the rehearsal footage, and the fact that Sting is a pompous blowhole, it's pretty good. :cool:

The sound is okay, but far from discrete. Not much going on in the rears, even ambient audience noise.

Just picked this up. Sound is pretty good. Rears are mostly ambient but fills it out a bit.

Nice that it has several songs that weren’t on the live album although most of the live cuts pick up in the middle somewhere.

This band was SO good. The video is worth it just for the master class of watching Omar Hakim tear up the drum kit.

I remember at the time the “controversy” of both Sting going “jazz” and of these players “slumming” with a pop artist. Seems silly now since there has been so much similar crossover stuff since.

I’ve always thought this was the peak of Sting’s solo career. Dream of the Blue Turtles was such a great album. I saw him on the ...Nothing Like The Sun tour, and that was a great band as well but I thought this one had more raw energy.

Back