Sting - Nothing Like The Sun DTS Issue

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

timbre4

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
QQ Supporter
Since 2002/2003
Several months ago I started capturing 2 channel stereo downmixes from the DTS and DVD-A discs that I don't have CD counterparts for. I'm a cheap SOB at times. :rolleyes: I used my Panasonic DVD-PA65 player to decode into Soundforge 8.0 stereo file. Then chop each back into songs.

The DTS discs all worked with the exception of the Sting DTS disc which just spit loud static. So what the heck is different about only this one?

That's strange. Can you record the 6/5/4 channels alright?

My copy plays the same (spits loud static) on my NAD CD player linked by coax from the dig out. When i play it through my Marantz 6400 Uni player through toslink everything is fine. This is the only DTS-CD that has this problem out of the 30 titles I own. My copy of Sting - Ten Sommner's Tales plays fine on both. Weird.:mad:@:

Wow, forgot about this for a while. Somebody else hears it too, that's a relief.

My gut feeling is there is something different in the way this DTS disc was prepared.

It would play properly in a player going optical to decoding in receiver but not supplying audio to analog outs, spit all around.

If there's a finnicky adjustment to make I'd be surprised as the other (100+) discs worked fine in this configuration.

Wow, forgot about this for a while. Somebody else hears it too, that's a relief.

My gut feeling is there is something different in the way this DTS disc was prepared.

It would play properly in a player going optical to decoding in receiver but not supplying audio to analog outs, spit all around.

If there's a finnicky adjustment to make I'd be surprised as the other (100+) discs worked fine in this configuration.
I’m not the only one!! I bought 2 replacements, and in my ELS system each one spits out what sound like digital scratches. There must’ve been some flaw in production.

Wow, old times. Actually the Midnight Oil - Capricornia DTS-EX 6.1 disc gave me trouble in the Acura as well. Think I found some FLAC files or maybe extract and rebuild, I forget. But I finally ended up with one I could play in the car.

Back