Stop Making Sense to get a new 4K theatrical run, courtesy of A24 (with E.T. Thorngren Atmos mix)

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
even the Hifi stereo, or whatever it was called on the VHS sounded reference.
VHS HiFi was actually capable of quite good sound quality performance.
Back in the day many folks used them for personal audio recording getting
performance that equaled or bettered what was available to the home
market in RTR machines.

I started with the VHS, then DVD, then Blu-ray, even the Hifi stereo, or whatever it was called on the VHS sounded reference.

I’d never seen the concert until I bought an OOP 2nd hand laserdisc in 1994 for $100 USD. I then bought the DVD, then BDV. The 4K UHD will be mine too!

I’d never seen the concert until I bought an OOP 2nd hand laserdisc in 1994 for $100 USD. I then bought the DVD, then BDV. The 4K UHD will be mine too!
I forgot about the laserdisc and I still have it, although my player broke long ago.

Nice post at NPR.org today. The story as it aired on Morning Edition was...okay (a big step up from the weird/awkward post-screening Q&A led by Spike Lee in Toronto, for sure), but the print online version is totally worth reading. Tina and Chris still a little chilly, carrying some hurt, but throwing a couple of bones David's way; David wanting but not quite succeeding at apologizing for his past self being a dick; Jerry addressing the conflict obliquely, stepping in to be a peacemaker, putting the best construction on everything. Really nice interview.

Last edited:
They'll be appearing on The Late Show with Stephen Colbert tonight (Wednesday, October 25th).
Shoot, sorry I missed that, maybe I can catch it streaming on Paramount ?
I've been deeply in love/lust with Tina Weymouth for decades while she's stayed married to
Chris Frantz for close to 50 years.

It's up on YouTube
Thanks for posting that! I enjoyed it very much.
I was quite surprised they sat Tina in what is usually the leaders seat right next to Colbert, with husband Chris right next to her, and David was all the way down on the end. :unsure:
David actually took a bit of a back seat in the interview, again a bit surprising IMHO.

Thanks for posting that! I enjoyed it very much.
I was quite surprised they sat Tina in what is usually the leaders seat right next to Colbert, with husband Chris right next to her, and David was all the way down on the end. :unsure:
David actually took a bit of a back seat in the interview, again a bit surprising IMHO.
That's been the seating arrangement on all three occasions I've seen them so far: Weymouth and Byrne at opposite ends, Harrison as the buffer between Byrne and the Frantz-Weymouth axis.

That's been the seating arrangement on all three occasions I've seen them so far: Weymouth and Byrne at opposite ends, Harrison as the buffer between Byrne and the Frantz-Weymouth axis.
Humm, still a bit unusual, specially considering Byrne's ego..
Fun to watch none the less. ;)

Humm, still a bit unusual, specially considering Byrne's ego..
Fun to watch none the less. ;)
It reminded of the Led Zeppelin seating on Letterman after the Kennedy Honors show; putting John Paul Jones in the closest chair as he was the least obvious. Page & Plant spoke selectively but JPJ was hilarious and carried the day in this setting.

Back