Stuff that sounds amazing with the Surround Master

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Tower Of Power/East Bay Grease - Woke up horny, feelln' funky, needing some good sax. What to do? Solution, grab a couple of cds of 2 of the best SF bands of the 70's with horn sections, yeh, that's the ticket. So first up the very fine debut album from Tower Of Power. Not a bad song and with the magic of the SM3 it sounds amazing and eargasm achieved. In case you're in need of some good sax I have for your listening pleasure.

"Knock Yourself Out"
"Sparkling In The Sand"

Tower Of Power:East Bay Grease.jpg

It's like hearing it for the first time all over again!!!

Last edited by a moderator:
Cold Blood/Cold Blood & Sisyphus - Next up Cold Blood because the only thing better than one eargasm is two. I love Lydia Pense vocals which reminds me of Janis a bit, very powerful! These first two albums are very solid and sounding amazing through the SM3 with the horns all over the place, wow! For your listening pleasure.

"Funky On My Back"
"I Just Want To Make Love To You"

Cold Blood.jpg

Even if you don't dig it
Don't mean it's not the thing or thing to do
It could be just for you
Even if you don't feel it
Right now don't mean someday it'll turn you out
You'll be out of sight
You really shouldn't ought to fight it
The music is designed to do no harm
It's just for you
With just a little bit of effort
I can and well, we might just turn you on
Even if you don't admit it
The time for change is here and here we are
We're just for you
Stick us in your ear and dig us
One time, one time, one time, one time and see
We're just for you
You really shouldn't ought to fight it
The music is designed to do no harm
We're just for you
With just a little bit of effort
I can and will, we might just turn you on
Music is designed to free your funky mind
We have come to help you cope
Out into another reality, you will be
Through our music we bring you hope
Us is what time it is
People, what you doing?
Standing on the verge of gettin' it on!
Screenshot 2024-02-14 at 7.06.16 AM.png

https://www.allmusic.com/album/standing-on-the-verge-of-getting-it-on-mw0000274459

Buddy Holly/The Definitive Stereo Buddy Holly 30 Classics - After listening to this recent outstanding stereo remaster from Eric Records I couldn't wait to see how it would sound through the SM3. I happy to report it sounds amazing!!! For your listening pleasure here's a few of my favorites from one of my favorite artists.

"Well...All Right"
"Everyday"
"It Doesn't Matter Anymore"
"True Love Ways"

Buddy Holly.jpg

*The Surround Master Version 3, what I think: It's said that "opinions are like assholes and everybody has one". Being a certified asshole (and I have the certificate) I can legally share my opinion and experience with the SM3. So after discovering and falling in love with surround I discovered QQ while searching for more info about this wonderful new experience with music. I became aware of the Surround Master and was immediately intrigued, reading every review and info I could find. I discovered this thread, followed it for awhile and became more intrigued. Getting a little long in the tooth and realizing that everything I would like to hear in surround would probably not be released before I cashed in. I decided that all things considered I should take a chance and made the purchase. I've had mine for several months and have listened to most every flavor of recordings I have, rock, jazz, dance, 50's & 60's, swing, comedy, progressive, classical, folk, blues, soul, new age, etc. I've found that It's like hearing it for the first time all over again!!! Everything sounds amazing and that how amazing depends the production and recording quality but always amazing. This was some of the best money I've ever spent on audio equipment and highly recommend it. Well there's this assholes opinion about the Surround Master if you don't have one yet I hope I gave you something to think about.

Bobby Vee/The Essential & Collectable - After listening to Buddy Holly I had to pull out Bobby Vee another of my favorite artists for which I have many. A very good stereo remaster by EMI as well a nice selection of tunes. With the magic of the SM3 they sounded amazing!!! After Buddy's death Bobby played with the Crickets their voices are similar so you can see why. For your listening pleasure:

"More Than I Can Say" co-written by Cricket, Jerry Allison

"Please Don't Ask About Barbara" Love this song. Oh, teenage angst.

"Sharing You"

"Stayin' In"
Bobby Vee:Essential.jpg

Bobby Vee/The Essential & Collectable - After listening to Buddy Holly I had to pull out Bobby Vee another of my favorite artists for which I have many. A very good stereo remaster by EMI as well a nice selection of tunes. With the magic of the SM3 they sounded amazing!!! After Buddy's death Bobby played with the Crickets their voices are similar so you can see why. For your listening pleasure:

"More Than I Can Say" co-written by Cricket, Jerry Allison
View attachment 101523

"Please Don't Ask About Barbara" Love this song. Oh, teenage angst.
View attachment 101525

"Sharing You"
View attachment 101527

"Stayin' In"
View attachment 101529 View attachment 101530

Thank you DLJ, I appreciate your comments.

Hmmm, but what does the XY axis represent....sorry dumb but good looking 66 year old here
Good question. Brad Mehldau talks about it a bit on this Nonesuch page. A bit deep, but just listen to the music.

You can listen to a few of the tracks on Bandcamp as well.

Last edited:
Last edited:
The Blues Project / Anthhology - This collection represents most of their best stuff and I would say essential. Sound quality is amazing and through the SM3, even more amazing!!! For your listening pleasure I've selected 3 of my favorite tracks:

"Goin' Down Louisiana" from "Live At The Cafe A Go Go"

"Two Trains Running" from "Projections" killer blues tune.

"Flute Thing" from "Projections" a classic.

Blues Project:Anthology.jpg

Blues Project:Anthology - bk.jpg

Seatrain/ Seatrain & Marblehead Messenger - So when "The Blues Project" split Andy Kulberg and Roy Blumenfeld formed "Seatrain". Their 1st album was a flop Blumenfeld left but the band continued this is the 2nd and 3rd albums. Saw them at the Fillmore in San Francisco, a great concert. Remastered by BGO and sounding very good, then touched by the magic of the SM3 sounds amazing!!! I've picked a couple of tracks for your listening pleasure, just plain good fun:

"Song Of Job"

"13 Questions"
Seatrain:1st.jpg

Back