Stump The Pro

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Not that this makes it correct but M.J. white jokes are at least 20 years old...Kevin Nealon did one on Sat Night Live way back in 1993 saying "And now for the lighter side of the news"...the same show that has Paul Mccartney on it and Adam Sandler doing Red Hooded sweatshirt

Controversial behaviour often seems to draw more attention with the media than altruistic behaviour...

No offense taken. I don't know everything, however, as Paul Simon sings, I Know what I Know.

OK, Bloodrock was on Capitol in the late '60's/early '70's. Best song: DOA.
View attachment 9439
View attachment 9440

I must be getting old, this is supposed to be obscure? DOA was a big hit late in 1970, played on every AM station that I ever listened to, and I scanned the whole dial at night. Produced by Terry Knight who also produced Grand Funk Railroad, they even sound similar. The first album is just as good as 2, hard pressed to pick a best song but Lucky in the Morning is up there with DOA. Lead singer James Ruthledge put out at least one solo album, the band carried on without him for awhile releasing Passage and Whirlwind Tongues, although they are much different than the earlier releases I kind of like them as well.

No one bit on this!?! Here's who's who:

Richard Elvern Marsh is Sky Saxon
Dominick Safuto is Randy (& the Rainbows)
Glyn Geoffrey Ellis is Wayne Fontana
David Howell Evans is The Edge
Paul Francis Gadd is Gary Glitter
Randy Craig Wolfe is Randy California
Gordon Matthew Thomas Sumner is Sting
Stefani Joanne Angelina Germanotta is Lady Gaga
Henry Saint Clair Fredericks is Taj Mahal
Mary Isobel Catherine Bernadette O'Brien is Dusty Springfield
Francine "Peaches" Hurd Barker is Peaches (& Herb) of Love is Strange
Linda Greene is Peaches (& Herb) of Reunited
There were 6 Peaches, but these were the most famous.

What band did Mark Stein form after the breakup of vanilla Fudge? They released one album on RCA with a hot shot 16 year old guitar player.

Whatever it was called, I'll bet RCA got returns like Boomerangs. lol!! Richard Ramirez (not the Night Stalker) was also in the band.
380228966937.jpg

Later, Stein was with Tommy Bolin.

Don't let your mind Post Toastee, like a lot of my friends did.
Tommy+Bolin+-+Private+Eyes+-+Front.jpg

What band did Mark Stein form after the breakup of vanilla Fudge? They released one album on RCA with a hot shot 16 year old guitar player.

Yogi Phlegm! Now that's a name worse than Toe Fat.

Not a bad guess, Christopher, but Bill Champlin was not in the Buckinghams or Fabulous Rhinestones. He was not a founding member of Chicago, nor was the guy who I'm referring to. Another hint, the answer is someone who was in Chicago, but never listed as so on an album!

Local anecdote: a few years ago, I was in a local hospital. I was getting one of many tests. The technician and I were chatting about music. "I brought my portable DVD player and have been watching concerts. Just got done watching one of Bill Champlin (solo). Have you heard of him? (I expected a no.)" She replied, "Yes, and I'll tell you how I know him. My Brother is Jimmy Pankow."

Yes, Kristian, the Sons of Champlin called themselves Yogi Phlegm at the time of Fillmore - The Last Days concerts/album/DVD-V. Bill Graham told them, "you can call yourselves anything you want, but I'm billing you as the Sons of Champlin!."

champlin2.jpg

Bill Champlin

Bukinghams-have not thought of them in years!! Probably since 1968! That was the lqst time I litened to them. Had all the records, (45's) OMG getting old!!

Buckinghams still play here locally, especially at summer festivals. I have all the albums on CD and did on vinyl in the day. In the '70's and '80's, I managed a jazz/fusion group who often played at Holiday Ballroom, which was owned by Dan Belloc, the founder of USA Records. USA was the local label that the Buckinghams were on. Dan said that any USA artist who had a million seller would have Columbia exercise their option to buy their contract from him.He also discovered John Klemmer, among others.

Dan+Belloc+HOLIDAY+BALLROOM.jpg
bellocdandapperdanswings.jpg
Holiday Ballroom: http://llnw.wbez.org/blog/insert-image/2011-October/2011-10-29/10-31--Holiday Ballroom.JPG
the-buckinghams-usa-kind-of-a-drag-1966-2.jpg
Note: Dan's name is spelled wrong on the label!
The-Buckinghams-Kind-Of-A-Drag-381801.jpg

Bukinghams-have not thought of them in years!! Probably since 1968! That was the lqst time I litened to them. Had all the records, (45's) OMG getting old!!

THE Buckinghams wasn't their original name btw it was the Pulsations....it was the keyboardist who played in Chicago and the Fabulous Rhinestones(Dennis Miccolis).

Back