Subwoofer Care

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mesozoic Mike

900 Club - QQ All-Star
QQ Supporter
Is it better to keep my Sunfire powered subwoofer continuously plugged in or if I know I'm not going to use it for three or four days, should I unplug it? I'm trying to make it last as long as possible. Thanks for any advice.

Is it better to keep my Sunfire powered subwoofer continuously plugged in or if I know I'm not going to use it for three or four days, should I unplug it? I'm trying to make it last as long as possible. Thanks for any advice.
Does the auto-on feature work reliably? If so, it shouldn't matter if its left plugged in. I switch mine on and off using the sequenced outlets from a power conditioner. It goes on and off just like a power amp.

Constantly switching equipment on & off can lead to higher failure rates - the heating/cooling can cause mechanical defects in chips/transistors bondwires. I only switch equipment on/off once a day. Professional kit tends to be switched on and left on, however that uses power. Equipment failure follows a bathtub shaped curve, so if you look at a product the initial failures occur soon after manufacture, then failure rates remain constant for years, then the failure rate starts to increase as the kit ages.

Latest posts

Back