Suggestions for Dutton Vocalion Multichannel SACD Releases

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I have that same CD It does sound pretty good.

I also have the original LP issue with a different cover that I bought back in the day. Well, it’s somewhere in my mom’s spare room anyway with a couple hundred other LPs I had as a kid. I need to go through all those one of these days...

And, just send them all to GOS, who would promise to take good care of them...lmao

And, just send them all to GOS, who would promise to take good care of them...lmao

I started buying LPs when I was about 11 in 1972. I got really into it in High School. But until maybe about 76 or 77 played everything on really crappy gear and didn’t take very good care of my LPs. Going through the oldest stuff might only serve to make me sad about the condition.

But around 77 I started taking really good care of it all, put everything in plastic covers, etc. about 20 years ago I went through what were about 500 LPs and grabbed maybe half of it that I wanted to take with me. (Didn’t want to overwhelm the then-new wife with too much stuff!)

But now I’ve got more space. Probably time to grab the rest...

And Let The Sunshine in With this release:

See the source image

See the source image

Last edited:
Anybody starting to get the feeling that last batch was a rush-job to get as much out as possible before giving it the axe?
Starting to get a bad feeling about this.

Fear Not. Simon at Dutton Vocalion recently assured one of our posters who emailed them regarding future releases that Michael Dutton was busy readying the next batch for imminent release.

Fear Not. Simon at Dutton Vocalion recently assured one of our posters who emailed them regarding future releases that Michael Dutton was busy readying the next batch for imminent release.

Yes, be patient. After all, we don't want to work Michael and company to death...

"It goes to show, a little hard work never killed anybody." [thud]
What A Way To Go! 1964

Yes, be patient. After all, we don't want to work Michael and company to death...

"It goes to show, a little hard work never killed anybody." [thud]
What A Way To Go! 1964

I like the sound of ‘Iminent’

True dat. And there hopefully are other titles in this batch that have yet to be announced.

QQ member, Steelydave, who has written those fabulous liner notes for quite a few D~V QUAD releases has mentioned that Michael Dutton is FULLY AWARE of what QQ Forum members want [like MORE ROCK TITLES] ..... and BTW, Mr. Dutton also has a background working in Rock Music ..... but he can only release what's available ..... and affordable, licensing~wise.....so there ARE restrictions. Personally, I'm content with what few rock/jazz titles he's been able to release thus far, but like other QQ members, likewise LUST for MORE 'A' list artists.

I have [reluctantly] been buying almost 99.9% of what D~V has released thus far to support the cause.....and do find myself even playing those easy listening titles [as background music].

What still astounds me about D~V ....... just about EVERY SACD title he HAS released features exemplary mastering making even the most mundane releases easier to digest. I wish the same could be said for modern Rock/POP CDs which sound so compressed as to be totally obnoxious.

So again, KID ... the good with the bad ....... without the UGLY!

Last edited:
I guess it’s better than another Dottie West or Percy Faith, but not what I was hoping for.

we may be spared more Dottie and Percy this May! :eek:;)
more seriously, there's not a lot of Dottie and Percy in Quad left for DV to do now, they've covered almost their entire surround output already.. we're talking maybe one more Dottie ("Country Sunshine") and a couple of Percy's ("Day By Day" & "Live In Japan") something like that, they've blitzed through the bulk of some artists' Quads (Faith, Mancini, Montenegro) pretty rapidly, though there are a couple of Mancini's and a Montenegro plus a fair few Ray Conniff's they could do still, Ray C did like 849 Quads after all (give or take 835)! :p

Last edited:
we may be spared more Dottie and Percy this May! :eek:;)
more seriously, there's not a lot of Dottie and Percy in Quad left for DV to do now, they've covered almost their entire surround output already.. we're talking maybe one more Dottie ("Country Sunshine") and a couple of Percy's ("Day By Day" & "Live In Japan") something like that, they've blitzed through the bulk of some artists' Quads (Faith, Mancini, Montenegro) pretty rapidly!

So what's left Mr. FredBlue of the UK ❓ ...... Aerosmith, Dave Mason, Conquistador, Harry Nilsson, Santana, the Albino Twins .... Johnny and Edgar, some Herbie [Hancock], Philly International, et alia, but pleeze Mr. Dutton: FAITH ... NO MORE..tugging at my PERCEstrings!

Last edited:
So what's left Mr. FredBlue of the UK ...... Aerosmith, Dave Mason, Conquistador, Harry Nilsson, Santana, the Albino Twins .... Johnny and Edgar, some Herbie [Hancock], Philly International, et alia, but pleeze Mr. Dutton: FAITH ... NO MORE!

well obviously i'd be all over those big hitters but i'm trying to keep my expectations tempered and just enjoy what i fancy of what comes along!
oh i don't know.. there's still a ton of fab stuff they can do! never mind Percy, keep the Faith Ralphie! you might get your hands on Edgar Mason, Herbie Nilsson and Harry Hancock someday! :ROFLMAO:

well obviously i'd be all over those big hitters but i'm trying to keep my expectations tempered and just enjoy what i fancy of what comes along!
oh i don't know.. there's still a ton of fab stuff they can do! never mind Percy, keep the Faith Ralphie! you might get your hands on Edgar Mason, Herbie Nilsson and Harry Hancock someday! :ROFLMAO:

And seriously, Adam, what respectable mother would ever name her son ..... PERCY?

See the source image

Wanted to change my name to BUTCH but she wouldn't let me

Last edited:
Back