Surround "Share Play"?

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

woody

500 Club - QQ All-Star
QQ Supporter
Apple has just released it's newest operating system incarnation (MacOS Monterey) that offers the ability to listen to albums with a social group in real time- simultaneously together:

https://www.apple.com/macos/monterey/.

Screen Shot 2021-11-23 at 6.28.55 pm.png

With the convergence of surround sound streaming and Apple Music, and the lower cost democratising of artist centric surround sound production, are we entering an era which we herald the explosion of popularity of immersing sound formats and enhanced social interaction?

MIX 540 - December 2021 (see pages 30 to 36)

Imagine the possibility of listening to a new surround sound release together, with the ability to discuss and vote after each listening session.

This is now becoming a technology driven reality, that may enhance engagement and popularise surround sound to a yet to be realised potential, as the norm rather than a niche format.

Thoughts?

Imagine the possibility of listening to a new surround sound release together, with the ability to discuss and vote after each listening session.
Thoughts?

In our scenario it would be a nightmare just for the different time zones... and not counting work / family / etc....

In kid's scenario, it would be a copy of the "silent disco" fad of some years ago, where everyone has its earbuds and grooved on one of the common playlist broadcasted by the system...

Gimmebacktha'!

IMG_1425-1.jpg

It sounds like genius marketing with each listener having to authenticate and generating a list of people who know each other and what they like musically; marketable data for sure.
But yes, fun too.

Thanks for your thoughts on this Winopener. Timeline barriers definitely crossed my mind as a potential obstacle.

However I am thinking that there are ways and means around this- otherwise live streaming platforms such as Twitch wouldn’t exist.

My thought process factored in greater user access- for instance headphone surround, bringing in a larger community base- which following natural evolution would upgrade to extra speakers in their homes. (Like how many in this forum have evolved to rigs with more channel processing power, extra speakers from their initial set-ups).

This forum for instance continues to grow in numbers and with Atmos now more accessible than ever, and stereo heading the way of mono, surround access and reviews will have a larger user base. (Take for eg. the ATMOS equipped live music stadium as mentioned also within the mix magazine link.)

It could be feasible that this forum sets up a permanent channel of access whereby members link into at will, and select playlist options.

I am aware of at least 4 QQ members that are within my timeline and I am sure that this is not exhaustive.

"Where there is a will, there’s a way": that is of course dependant on whether we want it.

Back