Switching AC-3 Digital signal

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JonUrban

Forum Curmudgeon
Staff member
Admin
Since 2002/2003
Question: In my PC, I have a Yamaha DSP Factory that I use for recording Q8s and Q4s to my hard drive (which I have not been doing lately), and I also have a SoundBlaster Audigy External, and a Sigma Designs Hollywood Plus MPEG Decoder card.

All three of these have a digital out, but my speaker system only has a single digital in. Is there any reason why I could not build a little switch box from Radio Snack parts so I do not have to keep reaching around the back of my tower and physically moving the cable from card to card?

Is there a device that can be purchased that would do this for me, as in a pre-made switch?

Anyone else had this problem and resolved it?

Thanks

:-jon

Jon, Look for a digital switcher , selector Fostex, teac , I'll get back to you with more info. Co2, midiman comes to mind ! they are out there!

HI Jon,

If you were using TOSLINK for your digital connection Radio Shack has a multi switch with (I think) 4 ins and 1 out. And it was relatively cheap. Something like $29.

Bob

Back