technics 858 quad 8 deck questions

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

QuadMono70

does anyone anywhere refubish these still? I just got one and the top has RUST spots on it. appears to work but is very dirty inside. anybody got NOS headcleaners? or those capstain cleaner carts I remember? my channel 1 light is blown out but the others still work, any reccomendations? thanks!

Also check with Kate's Track Shack (google it) they are in Texas if I recall, specialize in 8 track equipment sales, service and repair. They do "tune ups" which sounds more like what you need. Great folks t deal with. John Svensson

There aren't too many repair shops left that work on vintage equipment. I've visited two shops in the Cleveland area where, if a cicuit board can't be replaced, its unrepairable.

For twenty years, what I cannot repair, I take to:

Play It Again Sam, Inc.
14311 Madison Avenue
Cleveland, Ohio
216-228-7330
playitagainsam.com

This shop is the only one I trust with reel to reel, cassettes and 8-tracks.

Dave

thanks! Very helpful. I love this thing I wanna make it lastt as long as possible. I also have old tapes I recorded as a 12-to 15 year old that I hadnt heard in years, as well as some tapes of old 70 fm radio. this is a nice machine. its my first quad 8 track unit.

Back