Terry Kirkman, Founding Member of the Association Dead at 83

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Quad Linda

Staff member
RIP

https://americansongwriter.com/terr...ounding-member-of-the-association-dies-at-83/
A client was kind enough to invite us to their company Holiday party. It was in the ballroom at the Westin O'Hare. They booked the Association for their company party, and they were great!!
Wow. The Association's Greatest Hits is one of the first contemporary rock or pop albums (as opposed to 45 rpm singles) I can remember any of my older brothers bringing into our house. (Along with the Mothers' Freak Out--go figure! Then again, who'd have guessed that Terry Kirkman put in time with Zappa?) I listened to it obsessively.

A handful of The Association's hits, including "Cherish," got the Schmatmos streaming treatment a couple of years ago, but the eventually-withdrawn tracks were never replaced with genuine mixes, sadly. Greatest Hits sounds very surroundy over MacBook Pro speakers, though. (Edit: my AVR's Dolby Surround Upmixer does a great job with it, too.)

Last edited:
I visited LA in 1967 with a fresh drivers license. My cousin let me use her convertible and I drove down to the beach listening to "Light my Fire"
She had a copy of their(Associatons') greatest hits album (I think it was) which I listened to on the hifi in the living room. Good musicians and singers.

R.I.P. Terry. Will always CHERISH the music of THE ASSOCIATION

R.d529661bc339a5125cfc100b1e40c118

Back