Testament to an Optimized CD4 Setup

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

georgeshannon

701 Club - QQ All-Star
Recently a fellow going by the handle Romanotrax:

1) hit a grand slam homerun
2) won the triple crown
3) displayed excellent taste
4) made my day
5) created and shared a masterpiece

Court And Spark on DVD-A

Thank you. Thank you again.

I would agree that he's headed for the "Hall of Fame!" :D

His Black Sabbath "Paranoid" CD-4 conversion is also a revelation. Mr. Romano is raising the bar and setting a new standard!

This deserves a dancing banana!

:banana:

I haven't yet had the pleasure of hearing the Paranoid DVDA. Looking forward to it, I'm sure.

Bob, do you have access to The Smoker You Drink The Player You Get CD4, and can you do with it what you did with Court And Spark?

Didn't mean to gush before, but your version of C&S DVDA was remarkably better than the previous C&S DVDA that I had. And it was great.

If there's anything I can do to help, please let me know.

:banana::banana:

Dancing bananas for sure.

"Smoker" was a QS, not a CD4 release. However, the Q8 sounds good.

Thanks for the tip. I have the QS version. Haven't heard the Q8 yet. Guess I'll stop holding my breath for the CD4 version.:mad:@:

I second the emotion - Bob, fantastic work! I am loving everything you've done so far.

His Black Sabbath "Paranoid" CD-4 conversion is also a revelation.

After listening to the Paranoid DVD-A, I must agree with Cai. Bob, you certainly have the recipe for CD-4 to DVD-A down pat.

Congratulations and thanks for sharing.

P.S. - Was Carly Simon's first, self titled album issued in CD-4?

His Black Sabbath "Paranoid" CD-4 conversion is also a revelation. Mr. Romano is raising the bar and setting a new standard!

This deserves a dancing banana!

:banana:

How would one hear this CD-4 conversion of "Paranoid"? I've heard a Q8->DTS conversion. I love the mix but the audio quality was not that great. I would be very curious to hear a good CD-4 to DVDA conversion.

You are encouraged to look elsewhere for the title in question. QQ policy prohibits public discussion regarding the acquisition of this type of material. Discussion of grey-market titles such as this should be limited to areas of quality, fidelity, "coolness", etc.

Back