Testing quadraphonic rendering on YouTube.

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Franck

QQ Supporter
I created a short track called "Time" and added it to a time lapse video.

The Audio is a quadraphonic patch on a eurorack modular synthesizer rendered in various formats. The video is a 360 time lapse sometimes framed into a 4k video.

All Formats:
  1. 360 Video - Quadraphonic Audio in Ambisonic
  2. 4k Video - Quadraphonic Audio in 5.1
  3. 4k Video - Quadraphonic Audio in 4.0
  4. 4k Video - Quadraphonic Audio in Stereo
  5. 4k Video - Quadraphonic Audio in Binaural Stereo
The videos were uploaded to YouTube in the designated format. YouTube has its own processing and rendering. Generally It plays 360 videos in ambisonic audio, and standard videos in stereo.

The main quadraphonic module is a Koma Elektronik Poltergeist, that provides 4 voices that you can place in a quadraphonic environment. It also has one stereo input, which is the output of a WMD mixer.

It would be awesome if you could watch and listen to the various videos on your mobile, on your stereo, on your 5.1 surround home theater, on VR headsets and so on, and let me know what works well for you.

I would also like to hear what format/improvements I could make.

I believe the best videos are the first one (on Mobile app with headsets) and the last one on any system (images/link below).
The others will render differently depending on your setup. I hope the 5.1 on a home theater system would play well, but I'm not sure...

Test away, please...

Back