The 20th Anniversary Edition of Ayreon - 'Into The Electric Castle' including a 5.1 DD DVD-V out for pre-order

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
What are all the 5.1 Ayreon titles ?
I have The Source on the way.
Actual Fantasy I can get new around 35 bucks but seems like only sellers from Japan.
Any other Ayreon surround or worthwhile stereo I should get?
I've Got:
-The Source (DD DVD) - great surround
-Actual fantasy Revisited (DD DVD) - great surround
-Into The Electric Castle (DD DVD) - great surround
-The Theater Equation (Bluray - Live) - never watched/listened
-Ayreon Universe (Bluray - Live) - never watched/listened

I think the rest available is stereo...

I've Got:
-The Source (DD DVD) - great surround
-Actual fantasy Revisited (DD DVD) - great surround
-Into The Electric Castle (DD DVD) - great surround
-The Theater Equation (Bluray - Live) - never watched/listened
-Ayreon Universe (Bluray - Live) - never watched/listened

I think the rest available is stereo...
There is also Beneath the waves as a bonus track 5.1 on the DVD of 01011001 special edition.

Sent from my CPH1719 using Tapatalk

Wasn't there a DVD for Theory of Everything album too or was that only including the documentary? It's been a long time since I owned that Actual Fantasy Revisited album, so I can't remember if the surround mix was included either.

Sent from my SM-N960F using Tapatalk

Wasn't there a DVD for Theory of Everything album too or was that only including the documentary? It's been a long time since I owned that Actual Fantasy Revisited album, so I can't remember if the surround mix was included either.

Sent from my SM-N960F using Tapatalk
Don't know about "Theory Of Everything" but I have the 2004 release of" Actual Fantasy" with the album in 5.1 DD on DVD

What a site! Looking at top 5 lists, I noticed this title. I came here and read the thread and thought, "well, these quad comrades have yet to steer me wrong, so . . ." My copy arrived on 19 December; of course, the first thing I did was listen to track 13--I got the glitch! I emailed and received my corrected copy today! I had only listed to track 13 until the glitch (my daughter is home from college. When the discs arrived, we were heading out the door. I told her I would like to quickly check out one track. I cranked it up and settled into my sweet spot, all the time my daughter looking at me the same way I must have looked at my parents when they listened to Henry Mancini--if only they had been Dutton Vocalion quads! Any hoo, been spending time with her since then) until tonight--my daughter is out with her mother and my wife is off on an errand, so I quick cranked it up, freaked out the cats, and I'm soaking in it now! Is there a thread where reviews/ratings of this release are posted? Thank you ALL for ALL you do! Peace

Last edited:
Wahoo!! I have just received my replacement disc from Mascot. Fantastic service. Gonna give this some welly later on. It really is a great release by Ayreon. That's the triple whammy sorted!!

I wonder if there is any more to come?
I certainly hope so..This is a class act of music and surround.(y)

LMAO! There is another one of those sayings I've never heard......what would that mean?

LMAO! There is another one of those sayings I've never heard......what would that mean?

To press down hard in giving it extra throttle (ramping up the volume in this case!!)
Probably used by farmers when driving thier tractors in thier wellington boots!! ..and needing to rush home for the wife's cooking!!:)

You are lucky I ain't using my Isle of Wight (where I was born and raised, a little Island off the South Coast Of England) terminologies. Most people here don't get me then!! :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

To press down hard in giving it extra throttle (ramping up the volume in this case!!)
Probably used by farmers when driving thier tractors in thier wellington boots!! ..and needing to rush home for the wife's cooking!!:)

You are lucky I ain't using my Isle of Wight (where I was born and raised, a little Island off the South Coast Of England) terminologies. Most people here don't get me then!! :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:
...........and the Isle Of Wight is the only English County to increase in size to be bigger than Rutland ...............… at low tide (as revealed on QI, if I remember correctly!)

...........and the Isle Of Wight is the only English County to increase in size to be bigger than Rutland ...............… at low tide (as revealed on QI, if I remember correctly!)

Ahh now you quoting from one of my favourite TV shows, although I prefer the previous presenter!!
The things I learn here...👨‍🎓🙄

I recently purchased this Deluxe Photobook and was surprised it still contains the glitched disc. I suppose replacing the discs on a case by case situation is cheaper than recalling everything.

Back