The All Jethro Tull Thread

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I have nightmares about this. I asked for 4.0. Time and cost to redo meant it was not in the cards. Peter Mew was responsible for the quad transfer.

Slight repeat. 🙃
Well, the back left channel's incorrect polarity is the bigger issue at hand, as it very heavily affects the surround sound image. I do agree there's no point to adding a dedicated LFE channel to a rerelease of a 4.0 mix, though.

Well, the back left channel's incorrect polarity is the bigger issue at hand, as it very heavily affects the surround sound image. I do agree there's no point to adding a dedicated LFE channel to a rerelease of a 4.0 mix, though.
I've read that some find this 4.1 quad to be a close match to the original 1970's release. Does the original have this incorrect polarity? I was told the 4.1 is a fairly straight transfer.

@Plan9 Déjà vu

@JohnN
Just my opinion John but.... I think this thread s/b in the surround dvd section- - as it's "almost" exclusively about the Tull Surround book sets., plus I had trouble finding it.

Anyway...Today!!!!...I received this book set , which almost completes my book set collection. (Only Aqualung missing/but I do have the dvd/bluray edition).

Mail on a Saturday!!..a very rare thing in 🇨🇦 .(except XMAS Season)

Jethro Tull Stormwatch

20231118_160527.jpg

@JohnN
Just my opinion John but.... I think this thread s/b in the surround dvd section- - as it's "almost" exclusively about the Tull Surround book sets., plus I had trouble finding it.

Anyway...Today!!!!...I received this book set , which almost completes my book set collection. (Only Aqualung missing/but I do have the dvd/bluray edition).

Mail on a Saturday!!..a very rare thing in 🇨🇦 .(except XMAS Season)

Jethro Tull Stormwatch

View attachment 98471
:cool: Enjoy!

Only slightly confused. ;) The thread below was mashed together:
https://www.quadraphonicquad.com/fo...wilson-5-1-mixes-out-in-september-2023.14476/

Rarewaves has multiple copies of Jethro Tull's Aqualung 40th Anniversary Adapted Edition 2 CD/2 DVD set for $37.16 shipped to the U.S., but only on eBay.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/134824219059
Are the "Adapted Edition" DVDs region free?
The Rarewaves ad on Ebay state the "DVDs are Region 2 unless otherwise stated".

edit 11/27/2023 - Thanks for the heads up on this one. I just ordered it yesterday.

Last edited:
Back