The All Jethro Tull Thread

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reissues of the Aqualung, MITG and SFTW box sets are coming later this month according to A New Day magazine.
Great news!
I do have the Aqualung “big box”, but would like to have this set in case the blu-ray rots 😱
I have already pre-ordered Minstrel.
I may buy another SFTW - not only to have a back up of THE formative Tull album from my youth (or “yute” as we might say in New Jersey 😜), but I think something is wrong in the concert DVD in my set - a flickering light effect that makes it unwatchable 🫤

I only have the first Aqualung box set. It's the one with the high resolution version, not the DTS version that followed later. Is there anything worthwhile in that second set that wasn't included in the first big box set?
The packaging! It fits nicely next to the rest! I had too. Never even have listened to this since I have the Blu-ray that works just fine!

I have nightmares about this. I asked for 4.0. Time and cost to redo meant it was not in the cards. Peter Mew was responsible for the quad transfer.

Slight repeat. 🙃
Well, the back left channel's incorrect polarity is the bigger issue at hand, as it very heavily affects the surround sound image. I do agree there's no point to adding a dedicated LFE channel to a rerelease of a 4.0 mix, though.

Well, the back left channel's incorrect polarity is the bigger issue at hand, as it very heavily affects the surround sound image. I do agree there's no point to adding a dedicated LFE channel to a rerelease of a 4.0 mix, though.
I've read that some find this 4.1 quad to be a close match to the original 1970's release. Does the original have this incorrect polarity? I was told the 4.1 is a fairly straight transfer.

@Plan9 Déjà vu

@JohnN
Just my opinion John but.... I think this thread s/b in the surround dvd section- - as it's "almost" exclusively about the Tull Surround book sets., plus I had trouble finding it.

Anyway...Today!!!!...I received this book set , which almost completes my book set collection. (Only Aqualung missing/but I do have the dvd/bluray edition).

Mail on a Saturday!!..a very rare thing in 🇨🇦 .(except XMAS Season)

Jethro Tull Stormwatch

20231118_160527.jpg

@JohnN
Just my opinion John but.... I think this thread s/b in the surround dvd section- - as it's "almost" exclusively about the Tull Surround book sets., plus I had trouble finding it.

Anyway...Today!!!!...I received this book set , which almost completes my book set collection. (Only Aqualung missing/but I do have the dvd/bluray edition).

Mail on a Saturday!!..a very rare thing in 🇨🇦 .(except XMAS Season)

Jethro Tull Stormwatch

View attachment 98471
:cool: Enjoy!

Only slightly confused. ;) The thread below was mashed together:
https://www.quadraphonicquad.com/fo...wilson-5-1-mixes-out-in-september-2023.14476/

Rarewaves has multiple copies of Jethro Tull's Aqualung 40th Anniversary Adapted Edition 2 CD/2 DVD set for $37.16 shipped to the U.S., but only on eBay.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/134824219059
Are the "Adapted Edition" DVDs region free?
The Rarewaves ad on Ebay state the "DVDs are Region 2 unless otherwise stated".

edit 11/27/2023 - Thanks for the heads up on this one. I just ordered it yesterday.

Last edited:
Back