The Blues Thread (Surround-Stereo-Mono) Anything Goes.

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Another great one, Country Blues.
Jorma Kaukonen-Blue Country Heart. 2002.
This was sold as a MCH SACD, which I don't have.
This is a stereo DSD download that I purchased from Acoustic Sounds, when they used to do that.
DSD 64, DSF file. DR's are 10, 11's, 12's, 13's, 14.
R-2631222-1666274158-1384.jpg

I have been a Johnny Winter fan forever.
This brand new release is great. 33 tracks, as a very young Johnny Winter, his voice smooth as silk, not really used to hearing his voice that smooth, and as the tracks go one his voice gets a little closer to where he ended.
Great tunes, super good stereo sonics, you won't be disappointed.
My version from HDTracks.
The Johnny Winter Story (The GRT/Janus Recordings)
FLAC Download-24bit/96Khz. DR's are 9's, 10's, 11's, 12's, 13.
R-1758949-1462705423-5886.jpg

I have been a Johnny Winter fan forever.
This brand new release is great. 33 tracks, as a very young Johnny Winter, his voice smooth as silk, not really used to hearing his voice that smooth, and as the tracks go one his voice gets a little closer to where he ended.
Great tunes, super good stereo sonics, you won't be disappointed.
My version from HDTracks.
The Johnny Winter Story (The GRT/Janus Recordings)
FLAC Download-24bit/96Khz. DR's are 9's, 10's, 11's, 12's, 13.
View attachment 99463
I had wondered about getting that one, but the to-listen-to mountain of physical discs is still rather too tall!

John Lee Hooker-It Serves You Right To Suffer.
FLAC Download-24bit/96Khz. DR's are 12, 13's, 14, 15. Stereo.
John Lee Hooker Sale HDTracks
The earlier ones that I purchased where mostly 24/96. This new batch from HDTracks mostly 16/44.1, but they are on sale.
A purist might go on Discogs and see what an early CD used would cost?
R-2998408-1311359148.jpg

I posted this link in the "spinning on the TT" thread, it's a fascinating ( and at times funny ) read with quotes from the people who were at the sessions

https://www.loudersound.com/feature...-hooked-up-with-rock-royalty-to-make-an-album
and a sad note: the 18 year old American harp player Jeff Carp, who played on this album and Muddy Water's "Fathers & Sons" died in a crazy situation shortly after the sessions. So his career and life were cut short. RIP.

gratuitous album shot:

95980-london-howlin.jpg

Back