The Doors catalog available now in Dolby Atmos! ("Best of The Doors" Atmos Blu-Ray out 4/26!)

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I have the 4k of the doors Oliver Stone movie in atmos on physical disc and it's fantastic, even better than the streaming on amazon due to the better bitrate

https://www.amazon.com/Doors-Blu-ray-Oliver-Stone/dp/B07S28VD2Z
View attachment 75959

I ordered this 4K as I am curious to hear how these songs were done in Atmos compared to the 5.1 mixes in the DVD-A set and the best-of quad. If this recording meets the @marpow criterion, then I mayy spring for the Atmos box set...assuming pricing is in line with that of the Perception set and not $120 per album.

and what ever happened to the L.A. Woman Atmos release? The doors said it was done a while ago but where is the atmos release of just that one album?
The band’s official Facebook page does still advertise the Atmos mix as part of the 50th anniversary edition releases. It’s like someone forgot to make it available on the streaming platforms. Various people have replied on Facebook about this, but I haven’t seen an official response.

Since the Doors have already released 50th anniversary editions of all 6 of their main albums, I certainly hope these Atmos mixes will not be confined to streaming services...
Maybe Rhino will put out an updated version on Blu-Ray of the Perception set: Dolby Atmos, DTS-HD MA 5.1, and remastered stereo audio on 6 Blu-Rays.
That would be a nice buy, right?

:)

Since the Doors have already released 50th anniversary editions of all 6 of their main albums, I certainly hope these Atmos mixes will not be confined to streaming services...
Maybe Rhino will put out an updated version on Blu-Ray of the Perception set: Dolby Atmos, DTS-HD MA 5.1, and remastered stereo audio on 6 Blu-Rays.

Would be nice, but at what price, $300? 😁

How many version of each album is enough? I got the perception, the infinite, the 50th’s and the old individual releases. I would have to think it twice before spending $300ish just for the Atmos Mix

How many version of each album is enough? I got the perception, the infinite, the 50th’s and the old individual releases. I would have to think it twice before spending $300ish just for the Atmos Mix

Me too...And then if rave reviews from this forum start coming in, we will both think twice, and then eagerly shell out coin for these albums yet again. :D

Back