• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Quadraphonic Quad and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

The Official QQ Sales, Vouchers, Coupons and Discount Codes Megathread

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
20% Off Album of the Week - Waves: The Bossa Nova Session in Stereo & Multichannel DSD by Eden Atwood.
Use code AOTW through 4/10/20. Recommended!

AOTW_homepage_banner5.jpg

20% Off Album of the Week - Waves: The Bossa Nova Session
A Top 5 DSD Best Seller!

This week, our listeners can get 20% Off Eden Atwood’s excellent DSD Stereo and DSD Multichannel release Waves: The Bossa Nova Session. To make this an extra special sale, NativeDSD Mastering Engineer Tom Caulfield has created a new Stereo DSD 512 edition of the album!

The inviting sensitivity of singer Eden Atwood and the sensuous rhythms of Brazil make for a stirring musical marriage on Atwood's first Groove Note release Waves: The Bossa Nova Session. Atwood, who's thrilled audiences from Chicago to Shanghai with her superb vocal instrument and unbridled sense of expression, gives the music of Jobim, Ellington, Lennon-McCartney and others fresh meaning with unmatched warmth, conviction and a flirtatious touch of playfulness.

On Waves, Atwood is accompanied by a group of like-minded musicians including pianist, arranger and Thelonious Monk International Piano Competition winner Bill Cunliffe (whose 2001 Groove Note recording Live At Bernie's received unanimous praise), guitarist, bandleader and award-winning arranger Anthony Wilson, first-call bassist Darek Oles and drummer Joe LaBarbara, whose touch and superb rhythmic facility graced the trio of the late Bill Evans among many others. Saxophonist-flutist Pete Christlieb, for years the leading reed player in Los Angeles' highly competitive studio scene, rounds out the gifted combo.

"It's glowing, transcendent and a bit intoxicating," says Juan C. Ayllon from Prairie Audio Man Cave. The album is available in Stereo DSD (up to DSD 512) and Multichannel DSD (up to DSD 256). You can pick up a copy at 20% Off through April 10, 2020, at the Native DSD Music Store by using the code AOTW at checkout.

https://www.nativedsd.com/albums/GRV1012-waves-the-bossa-nova-session

Flash Sale! 30% Off 12 Multichannel & Stereo Albums by pianist Mari Kodama on Pentatone
Use code KODAMA thru Sunday, April 5, 2020 to get the savings.

Flash Sale - 30 Percent Off - Native_DSD_Mari_Kodama_Artist_spotlight_(1).jpg

30% Off 12 DSD Albums by Mari Kodama
Flash Sale This Weekend

In honor of the early release of pianist Mari Kodama's new DSD release on Pentatone (Kaleidoscope: Beethoven Piano Transcriptions), NativeDSD is offering her 12 earlier albums in Stereo DSD and Multichannel DSD at a 30% Discount this weekend. It's a Flash Sale you won't want to miss.

Use offer code KODAMA at the Native DSD Music store through Sunday, April 5, 2020, to enjoy the savings on these fine DSD releases. (Note: the brand new and exclusive early release Kaleidoscope: Beethoven Piano Transcriptions is not part of this Flash Sale).

https://blog.nativedsd.com/mari-kodama-is-artist-in-the-spotlight/

Used this to buy the Wallace Roney blu-ray for $25 shipped.
Hey Mike, I didn't know Wallace had a surround Blu-ray out! I have a couple of his CDs but I can't believe he's gone now...too young and such a great player. But, yesterday I was able to get the BD for $25, plus a surround DVD-A sampler there for $14, that has guitarist Dave Mason on it. Thanks to 4-ear too for the heads up.
By the way, I saw on Facebook the Cherry Red deal and was able to get a few of those Djabe & Steve Hackett surround releases. Still haven't received a shipping notice though. This QQ site is such a wealth of info!
Gary P.

30% off the entire Sunnyside Records catalog on Bandcamp through April 13. One of the best small-indie jazz labels left on the scene. Nothing in surround, but most of their catalog is now at least 24/44.1 by default, and often 24/96. Use code "aprilholidaysale":

https://sunnysidezone.com/music
Elsewhere on Bandcamp: each week the Cuneiform label, which specializes in obscure prog (often instrumental prog, usually non-US bands) and edgy, genre-bending jazz, offers a back-catalog item for $5. This week it's a recent album by drummer John Hollenbeck's uncategorizable Claudia Quintet, Super Petite. Select the digital version of the album, enter "10" in the "name your price" box, then type the word "FIVE" in the discount field. Listen before you buy:

https://cuneiformrecords.bandcamp.com/album/super-petite
Finally: this week's sale title at eClassical is a new release: Prokofiev, Suites from The Gambler (a very early work) and The Tale of the Stone Flower (a late one), performed by the Lahti Symphony Orchestra under Dima Slobodeniouk. One discounted price for any and all resolutions/formats, including 5.0 FLAC 24/96:

https://www.eclassical.com/prokofiev-suites-from-the-gambler-the-stone-flower.html
I can't emphasize enough how much I respect the way both of these labels (along with the entire Bandcamp platform) are handling digital downloads. Instead of making you select one and only one format and then scaling up the price for higher resolutions, they give you access to all resolutions and all formats for one low price, often $10 or less. (And with Bandcamp, that also includes streaming.) If the hi-res download sites adopted that sort of pricing policy, I'd be buying from them once a week instead of once every six or eight or twelve months.

Last edited:
Hey Mike, I didn't know Wallace had a surround Blu-ray out! I have a couple of his CDs but I can't believe he's gone now...too young and such a great player. But, yesterday I was able to get the BD for $25, plus a surround DVD-A sampler there for $14, that has guitarist Dave Mason on it. Thanks to 4-ear too for the heads up.
By the way, I saw on Facebook the Cherry Red deal and was able to get a few of those Djabe & Steve Hackett surround releases. Still haven't received a shipping notice though. This QQ site is such a wealth of info!
Gary P.
Got mine yesterday! I hope to have time to check it out this weekend. Definitely starting with the "Stage" mix!

20% Off Eyeopener by Klatwerk3 in Stereo and Multichannel 5.1 DSD
Use AOTW to get the savings through April 17, 2020

Eyeopener - AOTW_homepage_banner6.jpg

20% Off Album of the Week - Eyeopener by Klatwerk3

Our Album of the Week is Eyeopener by Klatwerk3 on the Aliud Records label.
Eyeopener is a musical adventure, with room for reflection. Klatwerk3 is a Jazz Trio from Groningen, Netherlands.

On Eyeopener, the album from Boelo Klat (Piano), Ancel Klooster (Drums) and Ruud Vleij (Double Bass) the trio has produced a musical adventure, which creates room for reflection.
On the way to New York piano man Boelo Klat solves the financial crisis on his own with the number Money and during the journey, he meets a deadly Tarantula.

Making acquaintances with love opens his eyes (Eyeopener) and brings about his odes to his family (Song For My Sister), to his musical hero Thelonious Monk (Walk Like Monk) and Abdullah (Ibrahim). He tackles the B.A.R. Blues with his comrades/partners Vleij and Klooster, who support and challenge Klat. Finally ending in the (Flow) searching for depth and reflection.

Holly Moors at Moors Magazine tells us "If Klatwerk3 lived in America they would have become well known long ago because what the trio produces is absolutely world-class. It is a bit unruly, but also crystal clear with twists and turns and is melodious, thrilling and precisely good."

Eyeopener is now available in Stereo and Multichannel 5.1 DSD (up to DSD 256) and Stereo DSD 512. Save 20% through April 17, 2020, on this fine DSD Jazz release with offer code AOTW. Save more by ordering the Stereo and Multichannel DSD editions together with the ST+MCH button at the Native DSD Music store.

https://www.nativedsd.com/albums/acdbr0802eyeopener

One Little Indian Records is having a 30% off sale at their new website. If you don't have Bjork's Vespertine, Post, or Homogenic, you can still get them new, on DualDisc. Medulla, meanwhile, is still available on DVD-V. Discount code F33XNUKD

https://indian.co.uk/shop/

Well, turns out there's a huge asterisk for US residents: the cheapest shipping option they're offering is 23 quid (for FedEx International Priority)! They can't do ordinary parcel post? I emailed to inquire, but I'm not holding my breath...

Well, turns out there's a huge asterisk for US residents: the cheapest shipping option they're offering is 23 quid (for FedEx International Priority)! They can't do ordinary parcel post? I emailed to inquire, but I'm not holding my breath...
For what it's worth, some of their offerings are out-of-print, hard to find and/or expensive, so with the discount offsetting the high shipping cost, you may still find it worthwhile.

30% Off 30 Multichannel & Stereo DSD releases from Channel Classics
Use offer code CHANNEL30 until May 4, 2020 to get the savings

Channel Classics 30 Sale.png

NativeDSD celebrates the 30th Anniversary of Channel Classics Records
30% Off 30 Favorite DSD Stereo & DSD Multichannel Albums

During the past 30 years, Jared Sacks has made recordings for the Channel Classics Records label that have received praise and acclaim from listeners, artists, and reviewers from around the world. They even led to Jared being knighted by the King of the Netherlands! These are legendary recordings in every sense of the word.

Over the years, Channel Classics has released albums by Rachel Podger, Iván Fischer and his Budapest Festival Orchestra, Ning Feng, Paolo Giacometti, Amsterdam Sinfonietta, Netherlands Bach Society, Rick Stotijn, Pieter Wispelwey, Rosanne Philippens, and many others. Most recently Channel Classics welcomed pianist Anna Fedorova to the Channel Family of Artists.

This has resulted in a total of 436 albums to date. All the Channel Classics albums released since 2001 are Direct Stream Digital (DSD) Stereo and Multichannel recordings with Jared Sacks serving as Recording Engineer, Mastering Engineer, and Producer on most of them.

To celebrate this special anniversary, the Channel Classics team has selected 30 of their favorite DSD recordings. The list features a wide variety of artists and repertoire. Many of these albums are among the DSD Best-Sellers at NativeDSD. We’ve also included a handful of 'hidden' gems in there as well!

Celebrating 30 years of Channel Classics, NativeDSD offers a 30% discount on our 30 favorite DSD albums from the label with offer code CHANNEL30. This special ends on May 4th, 2020. (See the albums on sale at the link below).

A personal note from Jared Sacks:

"Having had the opportunity and privilege to be part of the development of the Super Audio CD (SACD) and the Direct Stream Digital (DSD) format featured on the SACD since the year 2000, it gives me great pleasure to see that DSD is alive and well.

Around 2012 things looked completely different. The major labels had long since dropped out in Europe and the U.S. markets, with only a handful of independent labels to carry on. Without the support of you - the high-end community - there would never have been the incentive for developers of DSD products, converters, and music to keep going in their quest for better sound. And we have all been rewarded by the results of their work.

Today, with a fantastic choice of Digital to Analog Converters (DACs), Digital Audio Players (DAPs) and of course recordings for the music listener at home, the market has been able to establish itself as a format of choice for quality.

For these 30 recordings, I started with analog converters from dCS to Ed Meitner's EMM Labs and then to the AD1 from Grimm Audio and the Horus from Merging Technologies. I am sure you will be able to judge for yourself the difference. Like any ‘box’, the difference is not one of being better but one of personal taste of what you like to hear. I am sure you will be able to judge the difference for yourself.

There are several recordings that I personally enjoy, that may be different from the usual suspects. Five of them I would like to highlight here:

1. The Gents - Duruflè - Lux Aeterna (male choir)

2. Holland Baroque with Jazz Trumpeter Eric Vloeimans - Old New and Blue (a meeting of Baroque, Jazz and Trumpet)

3. Ragazze Quartet with Slagwerk Den Haag and Kapok - Riley: Four Four Three (music of Terry Riley with a unique set of musical performances, recorded in fully immersive 360 Degree Surround Sound for Multichannel DSD listeners!)
https://www.nativedsd.com/albums/37816-four-four-three

4. Marine Band of the Royal Netherlands Navy - Rimsky and Co Originals (a Marine Marching Band plays the classics)

5. Rick Stotijn, Lavinia Meijer, and Malin Broman - Basso Bailando (a meeting of Double Bass, Harp, and Violin)

All exceptional musicians and all a little different!

Enjoy!"

– Jared Sacks, Managing Director, Recording Engineer at Channel Classics Records

https://www.nativedsd.com/information/channel-classics-celebrates-30th-anniversary

20% Off Multichannel & Stereo DSD editions of Tchaikovsky & Dvorák by the Pittsburgh Symphony Orchestra conducted by Manfred Honeck
Use code AOTW through April 24, 2020 for the savings

Album of the Week - April 17 2020.png

20% Off DSD Album of the Week!

Tchaikovsky & Dvorák by the Pittsburgh Symphony Orchestra conducted by Manfred Honeck is our Album of the Week. To make things really exciting, NativeDSD Mastering Engineer Tom Caulfield has created a brand new Stereo DSD 512 edition of the album for the celebration.

On this bestselling DSD 256 recording from Reference Recordings, listeners will hear the music of Tchaikovsky & Dvorák. Graham Rickson from The Art Desk reports "What's compelling is the intelligence and musicality of the performance. It works beautifully."

Pyotr Illyich Tchaikovsky said of his Symphony No. 6: “But I absolutely consider it to be the best, and the sincerest of all my creations. I love it as I have never loved any of my other musical offspring.”

The comprehensive notes by Manfred Honeck offer an in-depth look into the composer’s soul and a fascinating look at the mind and decisions of a great conductor. To quote from Honeck’s music notes: “it is undoubtedly clear that Tchaikovsky truly put all of his soul into this unique masterpiece. I dare to say that in a way, Tchaikovsky experienced his own death through the music. One can be sure that only somebody who is deeply empathetic about both life and death can be capable of creating such an atmosphere and I am deeply grateful for the great musicians of the Pittsburgh Symphony Orchestra who went with me on this journey, requiring the utmost technical perfection to reach such a level of expression.”

This album also includes the world premiere of the “Rusalka Fantasy,” an orchestral suite that is drawn from Dvorák’s opera by Mr. Honeck and arranger Tomás Ille.

Tchaikovsky & Dvorák is available at the NativeDSD Music store in Stereo and Multichannel DSD (up to the recorded DSD 256 resolution), DXD and Stereo DSD 512. Save 20% through April 24, 2020, with offer code AOTW at checkout.

https://www.nativedsd.com/albums/FR...mphony-no-6-in-b-minor-dvorak-rusalka-fantasy

Back