• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Quadraphonic Quad and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

The Quadraphonic World of Phase 4

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bming

Since 2002/2003
I have been transferring my quad 8 tracks to DTS CD for some time. Unfotuntately for most of that time I have not had the storage space to archive the source files for the CD's that I have made.
I recently played the abovementioned recording on my DVD player and started to hear those horrible noises you get when the disc fails to read the DTS data incorrectly. Do a copy of the CD via Nero did not help. The new copy did not play properly.
Anyway I got the original 8 track tape out of the archive to make another disk only to see it get eaten and destroyed by the 8 track player (this can happen when the centre pullout of tha tape does not spin the spool so take up does not occur - the tape get loose then starts wrapping.
Anyway after this long story wonder if anyone has a surround CD (or DVD for that matter). As I have stil got the original tape (albiet unplayable) I don't think there are any legal issues. The current new laws in Australia specifically allow a person who has legitimate copy of a recording to have any number of copies in any format for his own use.
If anyone can help just leave me a private message:eek:

Back